Warrior Front Forks

Just a heads up that Baja is still honoring the recall on the black Baja Warrior front forks. I called them 2 weeks ago and they sent replacement forks to a local shop to get replaced.

Cheers

Just a heads up that Baja is still honoring the recall on the black Baja Warrior front forks. I called them 2 weeks ago and they sent replacement forks to a local shop to get replaced.

Cheers
Can you share a few more details???

Phone number???

Any particular person to talk to?

Basically what Charles said above. The Safety link goes into detail about which models were affected by the recall.

I just called Baja Motorsports at 1-888-863-2252 . You get an automated phone menu, and I belive option 7 connects you with the line for recalls. I just talked to whichever representative answered.

They asked for my bikes serial number to see if they had already been serviced through the recall. They hadn't, so the rep took my address and contact information. I was told that they would contact a local shop in my area to do the repairs. I called back Baja after 2 weeks and the rep who answered was able to tell be the replacement shocks had been sent out and the contact number for the local shop.

I emailed the local shop and they confirmed that Baja had arranged with them to make the repairs, and that they would call me to make an appointment to bring my bikes in as soon as the parts arrived.

So far so good,
Arthur

I'm just curious what fails on these forks?
Is it the the forks coming out of the frame because of the bolts, or is it the shocks falling apart and separating or what?

Usually it's the forks coming out of the frame because the bolts slip in the detent that's in the fork.

As an update, I still haven't gotten my bikes back yet. The local shop had them in two days, but they are still waiting for Baja to pay them for the labour. The shop said that Baja is hard to get ahold of to get payment. I contacted the shop today, and they told me that after several emails Baja finally got back to them today saying that a cheque had been sent out on Sept. 4. Hopefully I'll get the bikes back by this weekend.

Got the bike back yesterday. Looks like they just put on new forks and thicker bolts and a lock washer to secure them. Got the bikes home and forks seem like there's no oil in them. Easily compressed by hand. Will post pics after I get home.

Usually it's the forks coming out of the frame because the bolts slip in the detent that's in the fork.
That's kinda what I figured.
It would be an easy enough fix by finding a bolt with the same threads, but a wider shoulder, and drilling out the front hole to match, and a little filing on the shock detent.

Of course the forks probably wouldn't fall out if you kids would quit trying to jump the snake river.

Here are some pics of the new forks. They don't seem as stiff as the old forks. Almost feels like there's no oil in them, just spring pressure.

20180915_120239.jpg 20180915_121354.jpg