Warrior swingarm etc.

So I picked up this warrior a while back. It had the typical missing fake tank, front fender and jackshaft cover. The motor was locked up, the front tire was flat and one of the foot pegs was broken off, but for $50, I knew it had potential.

Last summer I was determined to get it ridable, so I threw together a few mods to get it on the road.

After I had some time to tinker with it, I realized that it was just the pull start that was rusted and the motor did turn over, although i ended up swapping it for a ohv Briggs instead. This required that I use a different tank and had to fab up a custom intake and exhaust, as the stock items would not fit in the frame.

I used a tank off a Kohler powered roto-tiller I found under my deck, Fabbed a header from an old 10 speed bike handlebar, and made an after market air cleaner adapter from some abs plumbing pipe(a mod i found on this site). The addition of a free flowing intake and exhaust made the engine run too lean, and the carb was non adjustable. After drilling out the jet tube to no avail, I swapped the carb from an old Tecumseh I had sitting around, which required me to replace the mounting bolts with studs and reverse the linkage direction, but solved the too lean condition. View attachment 60644

I cut a new front fender out of an old trailer fender. It already had the compound curve needed and was free to repurpose. View attachment 60653

The metal was fairly thin and flimsy, so after stripping about nine layers of paint, I cut another piece, then glued and riveted them together.

MB165

you got a great deal on it, a swingarm.........I did a swingarm on mine awhile back, sure helped to back......Its a worthwhile addition. A few other guys on here have em too, some designs are easier to do than others take a look around see what your comfortable with. theres a few photos in the view my photos section, ill post up more this weekend.

you got a great deal on it, a swingarm.........I did a swingarm on mine awhile back, sure helped to back......Its a worthwhile addition. A few other guys on here have em too, some designs are easier to do than others take a look around see what your comfortable with. theres a few photos in the view my photos section, ill post up more this weekend.
Thank you. I've found lots of inspiration and instruction on this site. The swing arm is built and functioning.