Was ARCO still making minibikes in 1975?

This is listed as an all original 1971 ARCO easy rider, but it has a later model Tecumseh. It does appear to be an actual minibike engine so I'm hoping he just has the year wrong. All original 75 or 76 ARCO ? (Other than the chinese carburetor.) I haven't seen it in person.
I bought an all original EZ Rider a few months with a '76 HS40 on it. That one looks right to me. I think he's got the date wrong.

I bought an all original EZ Rider a few months with a '76 HS40 on it. That one looks right to me. I think he's got the date wrong.
Good info, thanks :thumbsup:

I guess elsewhere in the ad he backs off to just "early 70's" and even just "70's vintage" so I'd say 1971 was just his shot in the dark that he thought sounded good. :laugh:

S

sosa

I hope you ended getting that bike.It sure is nice and that color is something ! Welcome to the weekend, cheers

markus

This is listed as an all original 1971 ARCO easy rider, but it has a later model Tecumseh. It does appear to be an actual minibike engine so I'm hoping he just has the year wrong. All original 75 or 76 ARCO ? (Other than the chinese carburetor.) I haven't seen it in person.
Let us know what the numbers/year is when you get it, I guess 1976-1978 because of the configuration.

Let us know what the numbers/year is when you get it, I guess 1976-1978 because of the configuration.
I was too late.

Now my guess was 75 or 76 because of the shroud & crossed flag decals. For my own knowledge, what did you see to rule out 1975?
Now I see what ruled out 1975, the inside plug wire routing. Well if the crossed flag decals are original (they stopped using those in 76 right?) that would make this a 1976.

I wonder who ended up with this bike? Nobody is owning up to it :laugh: