Was I the Only One?

Well, as I found out tonight (for probably the 8,671st time), speed is not always a good thing...

I was removing the paint from my Murray Track II frame with an angle grinder and it was about to rain, so I went at it hard and fast. Boy, what a mistake! With sweat dripping off my brow and goofing my safety goggles, I was generally focusing on the paint removal, while failing to notice the power cord creeping around toward the sanding disk. All of a sudden, the cord caught in the wheel, wound around the collar, jerking the tool violently until it stopped. My supporting hand slipped off and the edge of the disk did a topfuel burnout over the tops of my index to pinky fingers.

What I noticed next was perfectly fascinating. The sudden aspect of the accident caused my to cinch-up so intensely, I could've folded a nickel in my a$$crack. I then noticed that, thankfully, my four fingers were still connected to my hand. Then the smell of burnt knuckle hair and char-grilled digit-skin filled the air. The power cord was shooting sparks and, as I quickly put the tool on the table, I heard someone burst into laughter three back-yard walls over. I shook my head in disbelief as to my foolishness, but the words, "You GOTTA be SH*TTING ME," burst from my mouth when I picked the tool back up to inspect it only to find three knuckle hairs sticking out of the edge of the disk like the antennae of a tree roach. Whisky Tango Foxtrot??

Anyway, I'm happy to report that, although I took a wrong turn down Interstate ID-10-T, I ended-up being quite lucky, thankfully!

Could end up being a good thing. I dropped off my pair of bikes at a friend of my wife's garage, to store while we are moving.
He took one look at the bikes and drooling over them.
Today I get a call that he wants one built for him. I told him how much just in parts I had in the Coleman and 212, and that a bigger engine would be a lot more money to build... Looks like I may have a new project starting.