Watched some minibike drag racing today

Went with a friend of mine so he could do some minibike drag racing out in Oakland today. Had a ton of fun and there were some fast bikes out there. My friend ended up coming in 2nd place. No one had a chance against Retromod Garage since he's running just over 80mph in the 1/4 mile.

My friend's second race. He was on the right and won. The guy that lost was the favorite. There was money involved.

The last race. My friend against Retromod Garage. RG ended up running 81mph on that pass and cracked his case. My friend hit 71mph.

OHV. Most are running Tillotson blocks. There also a couple with dirt bike engines and another with a 2 stroke of some kind in it.
Kinda thought so when you said 11k RPM. I used to spin my flathead over 10k but my engine guy said to keep it under 9 grand lol. My bike is geared for 80mph in the 1/8. No way am i going 80mph on a minibike with 6" wheels. Maybe when i was younger and braver

Kinda thought so when you said 11k RPM. I used to spin my flathead over 10k but my engine guy said to keep it under 9 grand lol. My bike is geared for 80mph in the 1/8. No way am i going 80mph on a minibike with 6" wheels. Maybe when i was younger and braver
Interestingly he said that there are a couple of different foundries making the Tillotson cases. The 72mm case that the 236 is based off of can be hit or miss, but he said he's had more good than bad ones. He's been through quite a few of them since he's pretty much running these engines as hard as one can.

Found out there's another race/ride out planned for January 8th. My drag bike won't be ready by then, but I'll have the CT200U running again so I'll be able to do the ride. It's quick, but too many of those guys are knocking on 70mph for me to have a chance with it. It tops out at about 60mph in under 1/8th mile currently.