wbwarriors 1963 Sidekick 18 and under vintage class

Hi everyone, we are students from Mr. Davis's CBI class. We are building a 1963 Sidekick. If anyone knows where we can find a front wheel we would be very grateful! :thumbsup:

DSC01402.JPG DSC01405.JPG

Excellent...! Welcome you all !

Another new generation of mini bike, and small engine enthusiasts...:thumbsup:

Mr Davis, thank you for introducing another group of young folks to the world of mini bikes.

Y'all be sure to post up your parts needs in the OldMiniBikes 'wanted' section too.

Rikk

This is WAY cool! Good luck with your build!

You are all learning skills that no one can ever take away from you. Things that you will be able to put to good use in your futures. I can almost guarantee with 100% certainty that you will use skills that you've learned building these bikes later in life. Mechanical ability is and always will be useful.

You should all be very proud of yourselves.

-Rikk

This old chart shows the different sprocket sizes used for tote gotes. It may help you decide on gear ratios for your build. Keep in mind, the 'climbers' were the very high ratio, slow speed gotes.

Attachments

Not a lot to tell yet except we have been looking up parts and prices. We did get a tire donated and we bought a front wheel so that stuff is good. We are now looking up all of the other parts and pieces we need to put it together. The frame and forks are getting sandblasted sometime soon.

DSC01492.JPG

Awesome! :thumbsup: What I see on the table looks nice..Be sure to get some before and after pics of the frame, would love to see that! I'm following this one!

We are spray painting the wheel and bearing brackets. The frame has been sand blasted. There was some trouble with the forks but it is all taken care of now. The bearings are here and the brake levers are here. The foot peg covers are ordered but on back order. It has been just Mr. Davis and I working on the mini bike for the past two weeks. My dad donated the grating for the sides. It has been really fun building the mini bike.

DSC01543.JPG DSC01542.JPG DSC01541.JPG DSC01546.JPG DSC01544.JPG

She is going to be in the school play and has rehearsals a couple of nights a week and still has time to stay after school and work on the mini bike! Her grades a pretty good too. Proud of her! :thumbsup: