Weak spark from tecumseh coil

I had a bad coil and replaced it on the hs40. It sparks but seems very weak. Any suggestions?
thanks
Genuine Tecumseh coil or aftermarket?
Points/condenser or electronic ignition?
Describe how you are checking spark (I.e., grounding the plug to the head or using an in-line spark tester)?
If the former, are you SURE it is a good plug?
Michael

Venom38

Bought genuine tec coil all points set and all good check the coil resistance to to plug wire it’s at 15 ohms check my neighbors old motor it’s at 8ohms. Gonna swap out see if coil is bad

Venom38

Genuine Tecumseh coil or aftermarket?
Points/condenser or electronic ignition?
Describe how you are checking spark (I.e., grounding the plug to the head or using an in-line spark tester)?
If the former, are you SURE it is a good plug?
Michael
Yes it’s to all. I got a lighted spark checker.
So get this my friend had a tecumseh motor 4hp old sucker. Took the stator of that motor put it on mine with all my new parts and my engine started right up. How insane is this. I used his fly wheel and mine and the engine starts right up. Take all my stuff off his stator which isn’t a light coil unfortunately and put it on mine and once again weak to no spark. I even disconnected the yellow wire which is for the light and same result of nothing. Does anyone have any clue what my next step should be.