weather

Makes you really wanna get the machinery warm and fuzzy before winter sets in. That includes paying close attention to the minus temperatures printed on washer solvent containers, -30 for sure.
Broke a plastic part on the baby snowblower last week. It got up to plus 8 degrees the next day, from -22 the night before. It was nice to work on it in an unheated shop that was 30 degrees warmer. Gotta love those yard sale halogen lights on tripods. It would have been really tough without em.
We love the Grayling area but it does get cold.

bruces

It’s going to be -46c with the wind chill tonight ,that is -50.6f ,Still much warmer than when I used to work in the arctic l.o.l. .

delray

well now it looks like it's going to get worse. kids school just called off tomorrow because they are expecting 12+ inch's of snow. I never seen his school district call school off the night before. it's always at crack of dawn and on top of that where going into a deep freeze and the wind chills are expected to be -55f by late Tuesday into Wednesday.
just glad i don't live in the city and fighting with this.....lol

I74

It was -17* the other morning here in ice box Iowa.
It's forecasted to get down around -40* mid this next week.:eek:
We have got ''buttloads'' of snow this Jan. & are in for another round coming in shortly yet this eve. 1/27/19.
Here is a pic I sent to my buddy in northern Ireland today.
It was taken this afternoon out my side garage door looking west.
My old Snapper 2 stroke 3 hp Tec. still works like a champ !
Our city snow plow ''@$$ hole'', thru snow back in my driveway the other day,, pretty much like the previous post pic above mine. 100_5247.JPG

I74

One thing I love about living in the SF Bay Area is the weather. I couldn't deal with temps like that. Just nope.
Am originally from there. Love the Midwest in the spring though, but that's it.
Can't wait to get a 5th wheel in the next couple of years, put the mini's on the back of it, & start heading west for good.

I74

One trick that some of you might already know, & some not,, about helping to keep ice & snow from clogging the inside of snow blowers, is to use cooking oil spray like ''Pam'' ect. inside the chutes, impellers & augers ect.. Also works great on shovels ect.
It's environmentally friendly, & potentially makes salad dressing for the critters. ''LOL'':p

delray

It was -17* the other morning here in ice box Iowa.
It's forecasted to get down around -40* mid this next week.:eek:
We have got ''buttloads'' of snow this Jan. & are in for another round coming in shortly yet this eve. 1/27/19.
Here is a pic I sent to my buddy in northern Ireland today.
It was taken this afternoon out my side garage door looking west.
My old Snapper 2 stroke 3 hp Tec. still works like a champ !
Our city snow plow ''@$$ hole'', thru snow back in my driveway the other day,, pretty much like the previous post pic above mine. View attachment 239283
it will be fun tomorrow after the 12+ snowfall.
I've got this bad ass 40" berco 2 stage modified to my 212 john deere and man does it blow the snow.

I did a lot of research on two stage blowers and this video sold me. of course my 12hp engine doesn't blow quite as far like this 16hp 316 model with a 44" berco does...
"

it will be fun tomorrow after the 12+ snowfall.
I've got this bad ass 40" berco 2 stage modified to my 212 john deere and man does it blow the snow.

I did a lot of research on two stage blowers and this video sold me. of course my 12hp engine doesn't blow quite as far like this 16hp 316 model with a 44" berco does...
"
I'd be happy if this popped up after searching "stage 2 modified 212."

One trick that some of you might already know, & some not,, about helping to keep ice & snow from clogging the inside of snow blowers, is to use cooking oil spray like ''Pam'' ect. inside the chutes, impellers & augers ect.. Also works great on shovels ect.
It's environmentally friendly, & potentially makes salad dressing for the critters. ''LOL'':p
I spend time in the summer with the snow moving equipment. Use a good grade of car wax on all surfaces that tend to stick/ clog etc.
It helps to apply a second coat on porous metal and plastic surfaces as well.

I74

Just looked @ the extended forecast here in east central - ''Ice box'' Iowa, for the next few days..
Tomorrow morning, it looks like -30*f, & then by Sunday,, it is supposed to jump up to around 41*f :oops:
That is a 4 day temp difference of almost 70*f ! - ''Definitely not normal''!!
I'll take the 41* & rain though.
Might let the car set outside for awhile that day & let the rain wash off the salt.:)

Most with diesels gotta use block heaters.
We keep the gasoline SUV in the garage where it stays about 10 degrees above the outside temp in the winter. It starts down to -20 pretty good.
The furnace spends more time running than not.