weather

I74

Fortunately our place is ''very well'' insulated, & the garage is attached to the Town house.
I have a portable oil filled radiator heater that lives in the front center of the 2 stall garage, & also have small heater fans that sit on shelves on each side of the garage.
Right now the out side temp. is 0*, ''without the wind chill'', & the garage temp is 55*f.
Furnace inside the house is set @ 74*f, & have a portable electric fireplace in the finished basement., that is set @ 72*f
Also have a couple of portable 9000 BTU ''indoor safe'' propane heaters if the power goes out.

Warming up the car when parked outside in these temps for more than a couple of hrs. takes awhile though.
I work part time in the mornings, & am scheduled tomorrow morning @ 6AM. till 12:30PM.
Probably will go out & start the car 20 min. or so before the end of my shift.
Car has light oil in it, good coolant,, & good washer fluid,, which helps.

delray

today they called off schools again and also for tomorrow. I believe the temp this morning got down -23f and wind chill -50f.
so me and the kid decided to do the old hot water trick by throwing the water into the air. lucky for me I have some windmill's near me and can tell which way the wind is blowing so the trick doesn't come back in are faces.....lol here is the weird thing. couple of the windmills sound like the bearings are bad. i'm sure it's something to do with the cold. never heard that kind of sound from them before and it's load . you can clearly here it.

I74

Was - 52* f this morning on the way to work @ 6AM with the wind chill.
Car didn't even get up to operating temp, even with sitting in the 50*f garage over night.
Walking into work from my car, was like getting hit in the face with a big wire brush.o_O
They have a city wide ban for the next couple of days on using tow trucks.
School is also canceled here for today & tomorrow.

I74

UNBELIVABLE !! o_O
Looks like a lot the country is going to be breaking a bunch of ''short time'' - temp. transition records in the next couple of days ...….
It's supposed to get up to around 41*f tomorrow afternoon here in east central Iowa.

''Break out the Suntan lotion'' !!!!! :D LOL