weight limits?

So is the "150 pound weight limit" just pertain to the motor size of a 97cc and how much it can handle? my doodle bug was upgraded to a 212cc predator and i know it doesn't have any problem hauling my 200 pound body around, probably could handle even more? or does that accomodate the tire's weight limit as well?

Last edited:
I assume the weight limit is for the bike as a whole. There are plenty of overloaded DBs running around, just make sure your tires, bearings, axles, etc, are in good condition. Wouldn't hurt to inspect the frame real good occasionally, even though DBs don't seem to be prone to frame failure like the large Bajas are. IIRC, @Strigoi is a pretty big guy who's had multiple DBs, he may chime in.

The only parts that concern me on DBs and other small frame Chinese minibikes are the 12mm axles and 10mm steering head bolts. I haven't seen anything about problems with them, they just seem puny to me.

As a side note, the 212 probably increased the bike's weight by around 15 lbs., so now the rider weight limit is 135! :eek:

You'll be fine. I'm 255lbs currently and mine does just fine with me on it with a Ducar 212 installed. I've ridden them when I was 280+lbs with no issues either. If anything, I think the weight limit is more for the engine and not the actual bike. The stock engines in those will barely move me even on flat ground.

I do 99% street riding, so I'm not out on rough trails or jumping the thing. I have no idea how the frame would up under that kind of abuse.

I don't think I've posted any pics since doing a repaint on it and installing the Ducar engine. Right now I'm waiting on a TAV for it, should have that next week.

Attachments

You'll be fine. I'm 255lbs currently and mine does just fine with me on it with a Ducar 212 installed. I've ridden them when I was 280+lbs with no issues either. If anything, I think the weight limit is more for the engine and not the actual bike. The stock engines in those will barely move me even on flat ground.

I do 99% street riding, so I'm not out on rough trails or jumping the thing. I have no idea how the frame would up under that kind of abuse.

I don't think I've posted any pics since doing a repaint on it and installing the Ducar engine. Right now I'm waiting on a TAV for it, should have that next week.
What wheels are those?