Weird "Pffffffft.......pffffftttt sound

I74

Added,,
Your sounds that you described , are not electrical related,, but mechanical.
You have to think of an engine as a pump,,, which it basically is....
Messing around with the ign. ect.. is ''not'' going to help with the sounds that you described.

There is also a possibility that you might have an exhaust valve hanging up, ''or burned up''.
Also,,
How smooth did the exhaust valve drop in the guide when you put it back in,, plus how smooth do ''both'' lifter tappets go up & down ??

Added again,,

I still want to know what your gaps are first.
And then ,, I want you to roll the engine over ''2'' revolutions again,, & ''re'' check ''the gaps'' ,, & let us know.

Last edited:
Will do. But let me be more specific. When I was using my "actual feeler gauge" I had the motor at TDC and I could shove a .006 gauge on the intake (yes...I know....slight drag but I think you can hopefully get the point). At the same time I tried a .012 on the exhaust (yes...I know too much) with no luck. So I tried a .006 on the exhaust at TDC. No luck. So just to be sure I took the .006 at the valve stem and slowly began rotating the engine to see if there was any time....at any point in the rotation (and yes...I know...there won't be any clearance when the valve is being actuated) and at no time, despite several rotations, was I am to stick a .006 feeler in there. Around and around it went, TDC, BDC, and every little bit in between....zero clearance.

I had the head off and there was no valve hanging up