Well,, it looks like I' am swapping in a GX-200 in the modded MM-80

I74

Pulled the trigger on the rest of my stuff this eve.
Hope to have it ready for the re - maiden by Sat. afternoon. ;)
I

I74

Got it pretty much buttoned up & just got back from the re-maiden.
Have 3 words for it : ''Oh - my - God''!!
I knew it would be quick,, but wasn't expecting it to be ''that'' quick. o_O
It's a hand full, & you gott'a definitely keep both hands on it @ all times, not like the other set up,, where you could ride it one handed & kick back a bit.
Rolling on the throttle once the clutch grabs, feels similar to the acceleration of a reworked old big twin Harley.
Found out pretty early in the ride, that you basically want to idle when taking a turn.
2nd corner I rolled on the gas a wee smidge, & it wanted to start pulling up the front wheel.:eek:
Startled me for a moment...
Am glad I have a larger OD tire on the back, to help keep the front end down.
It doesn't even know I' am on it, & pretty much cruises the neighborhood @ fast idle. :p
Haven't put the green spring in yet,, hope that helps tame the bottom a bit.
Also need to open up The RLV muffler inlet some, as it is to restricted,, & making the exhaust to hot.
I will pull it outside tomorrow morn. & take some pics.
I

I74

It's going to be lower 50's & sunny here this afternoon.
My buddy & I plan on a nice long cruise. :p
Am going to get a 14t clutch sprocket & try it, from the 13t.
''Thanks moetrout'' for helping with the decision to get the 13t clutch so I could do this.:)
It should pick up around another 3mph or so,, & less top end revs,,, I don't think it will still even know that I' am on it. LOL
If any one has a decent 14t. Max torque clutch gear that they would part with, please send my a PM.
I

I74

Am going for a cruise Mon. afternoon, 11/25.
It's supposed to get up to 52*f around 2PM & Sunny, here in east central Iowa.
Isn't going to last though.
''Get while the gettin's good ''. ;)
I

I74

Have you considered flipping the clutch to better center the engine?
There is a bunch of reasons why I didn't do that, Charles.
There is many good reasons why I did it the way I did.
I will have to do ''a lot of writing'' to explain it.
I will get around to it..
I

There is a bunch of reasons why I didn't do that, Charles.
There is many good reasons why I did it the way I did.
I will have to do ''a lot of writing'' to explain it.
I will get around to it..
I
No need. I assume it's because it would require another mod or two to do so due to the tight MM frame. I can see things are tight in the intake area so moving the engine over would likely require an intake mod or an engine mount plate mod. I've seen MMs with the rear of the plate raised a bit which can provide a lot more room for the intake.

I74

No need. I assume it's because it would require another mod or two to do so due to the tight MM frame. I can see things are tight in the intake area so moving the engine over would likely require an intake mod or an engine mount plate mod. I've seen MMs with the rear of the plate raised a bit which can provide a lot more room for the intake.
That's part of it, Charles.
Another part is to not having to add a plate, so the center of gravity can be as low as possible & to save weight.
The MM frames are ''very'' stout.
A couple of other reasons are,, to keep the pipe & shaft ect. away from your leg.
I did machine the inboard hub of the clutch, to inset it inboard around 7/16,, & then made a spacer on the outboard of the crank.
Did all that to get the chain lined up correctly.;)
Lateral balance is still fine with the low center of gravity.
You will also see that I made an aluminum right foot rest extension to clear the recoil / blower housing.

I74

Added,,
Another reason is so that so I can drop some lube around the clutch snap ring to lube the bushing, so I don't have to take the drum off as often,, to lube the bushing ect.

I74

Added again,,
Ran out of time for my edit. :rolleyes:
Meant also to say,, that I don't have to take the clutch completely off, to remove the drum.

I74

Couldn't believe it, Dec 5th,, & it was 55*f in east central Iowa. :cool:
Went for a cruise yesterday, for about 45 min. & it was awesome.
Live in a subdivision outside of a small town, & there is main stream freight Train traffic , that goes thru this small town,@ about 65+mph.
There is a bike path that I sneak down on my Mini, & go to a park outside this small town & watch the Trains fly by.
I call it Serenity. ;)
I

Same with us Karen. There was one we could ride on the side of the line. Had to figure out where to get gas if needed and bring some spare parts, drinks and food. Funny thing is, it was about a mile from Bob Fragoman's mini bike shop. Those where the days!!! Karen if you come up to Phil's, you can ride on an old railroad bed for miles and feel like a kid again!

I74

Hope to go for a chilly ride Thus. 12/19,,
''Get while the gettin's good''.
It's supposed to get up to 42*F in the afternoon that day, here in East central Iowa.
''We shall see''.....
The way I figure it, if I don't do it now,, it will probably be ''at least'' late March,, before I can ride again.
I