Well, it's kind of an old mminibike...

100_3143.jpg 100_3145.jpg
Twenty bucks, I couldn't say no. There's a plate between the handle bars that was sprayed over with green paint, and then some kind of mounting plate (headlight, perhaps?) was screwed over it. Across the bottom, I can clearly warns you about 'off-highway use only', that sort of thing. Across the top, looks like a ENG, EMG, IMG - then everything else is obscured by rust from the mounting plate. The next line down, a big capital P - then the same deal with the rust. The engine is a real (not clone) Honda GX240 Max (obviously, not original) - needs a recoil starter and a carb kit, but has good compression and spark, I'll play with it some more when I get a chance. Looks like modifications were made to the driveline, but seems like it started out as the trike that it looks like today. Any ideas?

Well, this has been frustrating. I'm trying to post more pics, but I've exceeded my attachment jpgs?! I only have a handful of pictures, but apparently that's too many. I'm trying to delete them, but I'm not a computer expert. Oh well. If anyone can explain how to delete some of the pictures, I'd appreciate it.

It's a CESTAD/Montgomery Wards. Judging by the green paint on the fork plate I would say it is a Montgomery Wards T-555.

Last edited:
Nice work Tom! That's it, exactly. And even though overspray on that engine shutoff switch plate was darker green, I'm betting it was Monkey Ward green underneath. Is that your bike? I'd love to see more pics of the stock driveline and brakes, looks like mine have been pretty cobbled up over the years. Thanks again for the great answer!

what is it

View attachment 72444 View attachment 72445
Twenty bucks, I couldn't say no. There's a plate between the handle bars that was sprayed over with green paint, and then some kind of mounting plate (headlight, perhaps?) was screwed over it. Across the bottom, I can clearly warns you about 'off-highway use only', that sort of thing. Across the top, looks like a ENG, EMG, IMG - then everything else is obscured by rust from the mounting plate. The next line down, a big capital P - then the same deal with the rust. The engine is a real (not clone) Honda GX240 Max (obviously, not original) - needs a recoil starter and a carb kit, but has good compression and spark, I'll play with it some more when I get a chance. Looks like modifications were made to the driveline, but seems like it started out as the trike that it looks like today. Any ideas?
maybe a dunecycle