Wen Power 6.5 engine

I was checking out this "Wen Power" 6.5 engine on Craigslist, and it looks like a Honda clone to me.. does it look like it's got the right type of gas tank to fit in a DB30? I sort of like that it's red, it'd match my DB30 perfectly.

6.5 HP ENGINE NEW

vette66_00

Yes that is the 6.5 of the first generation that copied Honda exactly. The gas tank will fit in a DB without having to move anything. You will have to drill new bolt holes to mount it. Good price to.

Last edited:
Oh cool, that's what I was thinking, judging by the looks of the gas cap. I thought it was a great price too, I might just get the kit that ctjmini or whatever sells - that way I get the clutch and everything else that I need for it. I am so tempted to call and get that motor before someone else does, then worry about getting the kit later. Then eventually I'd like to get the rear sprocket kit that you sell so that I can actually get a little more top end out of it. I currently have a 70 tooth in the rear.. I am thinking an additional 10mph would be good enough for me really.. as it is now it seems to gear out at around 25 or so. If I could get it to 35 pretty effortlessly that would be great. I wonder what type of rear sprocket I would need for that.

Last edited:
Oh cool, that's what I was thinking, judging by the looks of the gas cap. I thought it was a great price too, I might just get the kit that ctjmini or whatever sells - that way I get the clutch and everything else that I need for it. I am so tempted to call and get that motor before someone else does, then worry about getting the kit later. Then eventually I'd like to get the rear sprocket kit that you sell so that I can actually get a little more top end out of it. I currently have a 70 tooth in the rear.. I am thinking an additional 10mph would be good enough for me really.. as it is now it seems to gear out at around 25 or so. If I could get it to 35 pretty effortlessly that would be great. I wonder what type of rear sprocket I would need for that.
The best time to buy the right item is right now, or someone else will buy it while you mull it over! If you want it get it!

Well, the refund came in the mail today.. WOO HOO!! So I got to call in the morning and see what's up.. (fingers and toes are crossed)

Well I got it today, new in box. Sweetness. $100. Thanks Craigslist. I'll take pictures of it here soon. I've never seen a Wen Power clone before until this one. And the red matches the DB perfectly!!

Next up, install kit.

Then, rear sprocket and hydro brake.

After that - looking into finding a moose front fork for the suspension.

And finally - I think I will have done all what I want to do with it then - of course, no project ever seems finished.

OK, well I took a couple of pics - nothing special that you all have not seen before. It's exciting to me though. First thing I did after taking pics was took the stickers off the fuel tank, too bad some of the paint came off with the sticker.. DOH!!

Finally saved up the funds (thanks old video games and ebay) to get the swap kit. I really didn't want to have to permanently modify the frame, so I went with the kit. Now it should just be a few days until I get it. I'll post up some pictures once it's all done. Now I just need to figure out how to permanently fix the rear tire, it's got a very small leak coming out of a pin hole. I put some fix-a-flat in it, and it seems to work, while it's stationary, but as soon as I start riding it again it starts to seep out.

Does anyone know if that Green Slime stuff will work, even if there is already fix-a-flat in it? These tires are so cheap and soft it's rediculous, and the hole is so tiny, I don't know if I really want to ream it out and put a plug in it.

Anyone know what I should do with the old motor?

sorry to go off topic but im in the same exact spot as you lol. i got a brand new motor and the kit from ctjmini or something. cool to see another nevadian with the same interest. kinda at a stand still though

Hey there! Glad I'm not the only one around here into mini bikes haha. Why are you at a standstill? Is that your mini in the video there? Looks like you got a green Doodlebug.

we're never gonna have this many S. nevadians in one thread lol. i put my car in front of the db for a while, but im changing that.

also thats my little brother on that stock greeny. thats on green valley between warm springs and silver springs.

It's too bad you are moving to Washington.. LOL. Maybe there are more of us here than we think? Maybe we should start a Nevada thread. I know there are others because I periodically see Db's and other mini bikes on Craigslist.

FordGalaxy, you should go riding with Tycoonist and I before you move, that would be three of us riding at once which would be cool. And if Tycoonist's bro went riding that would be 4. The dry lake bed out by Boulder City is really fun. I still need to put some Green Slime in my rear tire though, has a very slow leak as soon as I start riding it, hell I should just plug the thing. Anyone have a pickup? My mini doesn't fit in my car, but I could always borrow my GF's Rav4, it should fit in there, but it won't hold more than one I don't think.

Tycoonist, are you going with a swap kit or are you gonna drill holes to get the clone to fit.