went to visit the world trade center today

wife and i went there 4 years ago. roads were blocked off still and only look we could get was from an elevated walkway. did you visit the old church that became kind of a museum/memorial? there was a lot of memorabilia there. esp liked the patches that people kept leaving.

oldfatguy

I have worked in the twin towers doing construction work. this was my first trip back there since 911. It was a strange feeling to stand on the spot where so many have died. It was amazing to see that piece of steel in the memorial in Jersey City and try to imagine the incredible forces that bent it like that. The edge of that I-beam is one inch thick and you can see the places where something else hit it and just smeared the metal. The whole area in New York is still under construction. I actually stood at the base of the new freedom tower but with the sun on it I couldn't get a good picture. I'm glad that I went, it's a real humbling experience to stand at that fountain pool that once was one of the towers. The video of it came out good

http://vid568.photobucket.com/albums/ss125/oldfatguy/world trade center/NYC046_zpsaa927497.mp4