West Bend engine throttle cable

I had one years ago. Never finished and sold it. Bought a roller from a member here and had a guy in Ohio rebuild an engine. Cant wait to get it going. I'm close

Addicted 2 Minis

I like to use the PKT throttle kit with Tillotson throttle arm, it allows you to use the factory screws and a standard mini bike throttle cable. The throttle arms can get pricy though, they usually fetch anywhere between $25-$45 just for the arm but they last forever. First pic is of PKT throttle kit and second is of the throttle arm, both can be found on eBay. You may not need the throttle arm if your carb already has one just make sure you also have the cable swivel. This will make for an "up" pull throttle with your current carburetor mounting. There are also "down" pull adapters available as shown in the last pic, but you have to purchase the cable adjuster separately. Tillotson carburetors can run in any position due to being a diaphragm type so you can mount it in any position that works best for you, if you do remove it, make sure to line up the hole in the reed cage with the hole in the carburetor flange or else it won't run, it's the pulse feed hole for the diaphragm pump.

PKT Throttle.jpg Throttle arm.jpg Down pull.jpg

Addicted 2 Minis

After looking at your picture again, I noticed your carburetor is already flipped (fuel inlet towards frame) which isn't the usual way they are mounted on these bikes. This would make the PKT a "down" pull and the other an "up" pull with the way you have it mounted, sorry about that (the sideways picture threw me!).

Try and stay away from the 90 degree elbows. They will add a lot of friction that may exceed what you can correct with an extra return spring. EC's is too narrow to accept a nylon insert, and even if you could, the cable would saw through it.

If you plan on using EC's swivels on the stock Tilly tiller arm, prepare to have to drill it out. I like those swivels and use them on all of my two strokes, and some fours, but if you can get a GEM 1348 (iirc) it's a smaller swivel. Made for the KT100 set ups.

The straighter, the better. Also, you can solder balls, etc to your throttle and brake cables. PM me if you'd like to hear what has worked well for me.

Can that carb be flipped around if it makes it easier to install linkage?
Yes, but note what A2M said about the pulse hole. In the carb manifold (reed plate) there is a tiny hole that allows the reed pulse to power the diaphragm pump in the Tilly. Make sure if you flip it that the hole is not blocked. Also, flipping yours over will test the gasket's ability to hold fuel. Leaking is not uncommon flipped upside down.

Here's WB I did on a Mini Bike.

Ok thanks. That's nice looking. That company makes a few different setups. I know I can find one that works. Will post pics when done. Thanks to all!!