What’s better running straight chain on and a Baja warrior or a torque converter

Torque converter

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m buying a new engine for my Baja warrior I need help with what Is Better torque or straight chain ps: the engine Is a 212cc predator I want top end speed I already have it straight chained.

DaddyJohn

A straight chain is pretty much a non-starter, because the gear ratio will be too tall to be generally useful. If that were a good idea, they would have come that way from the factory, as it would be cheaper to build them without a jackshaft assembly. Your acceleration will end up being very poor, and you’ll be frying clutches on the regular, but yeah, once you finally build up some momentum, it’ll gain top speed.

A TC will be way better, and I’d probably combine that with a bigger rear sprocket.

panchothedog

Torque converter is hard to beat. So much more low end grunt and if the top end speed isn't enough you can always go up a tooth or two on the Jack
shaft sprocket, from 10 to 11 or 12. The smaller drive sprockets are a lot less money than the larger rear sprocket and can achieve the same result.

I74

Haven't tried a TC on a Mini yet, but I run 13/65 with straight ''DID'' chain, & a SS clutch with the ''green spring'' on my GX-200,, & it rocks !!

SAS289

If you have all the parts it doesn't take a whole lot to go back and forth.

For example, if I wanted to road ride I could straight chain to the 60 tooth on my Coleman then have it back to trail riding with the torque converter for the next ride. Doesn't take that much work.