What Bike is This? Doodle Bug Maybe?

Hi,

I picked up this minibike for $100. I've searched all over the forum and found a couple Similar Doodle Bugs.

20151125_173542.jpg 20151125_173610.jpg

Thanks in advance. I've never had a mini bike before and this thing is fun.
ST_Fan

markus

What's the difference between the TC and MB?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
The TC versions were setup for Torque converters, The plates that hold the swingarm and jackshaft are taller than the MB versions so the Driven unit of the TC can clear the frame.

The TC versions were setup for Torque converters, The plates that hold the swingarm and jackshaft are taller than the MB versions so the Driven unit of the TC can clear the frame.
Ok, thanks. This is the short jackshaft, so definitely a MB.

markus

Ok, thanks. This is the short jackshaft, so definitely a MB.

yours has the tall jackshaft plates, so its torque converter compatible. Not to say it actually came with a TC on it, but that's an added bonus to have the room to adapt one on it. And they were all "MB" series bikes

So now that I know what this is MB1210 TC, I've done some research and came up with very little.
Should I be restoring this bike properly? Is it that rare? Or can I just make it a nice rider for my kids?
Do any members have this bike? I can't find any pictures of this exact bike restored.

So far I've serviced the clutch, gave it an oil change and lubed everything up. Runs great. I ordered a new brake lever and fuel line. Worried about replacing the carb with a non-original if I should just be rebuilding. The choke is pretty loose.
Any advice is appreciated. Don't want to wrong by the bike.

I cannot tell you what to do, but in my situation I recently bought a 74 ct70, and feel I overpaid, but I look at what some of them sell for, and realize that it was worth it. Now what I really was nervous about was letting my son ride it, he has never shifted gears before, but got it right away. My back was feeling somewhat better on Thanksgiving, so I let him ride that, I rode the db30, we rode for a while and had a blast. Anytime I start that ct70, he comes right out, cant wait to get on it. You can always try to find another mini, for the kids, but they will still want to ride that one also. Good luck

Thanks, I'll definitely let the kids ride it even if I restore it properly.
Though I'd likely pick up a more modified bike to ride regularly.

Hope no one minds reviving an older thread.. However--I just picked up another old mini to fuel my enjoyment of these little machines after selling off my Heald Super's a few years back..
I have every reason to believe it's a Bonanza MB, possibly the "TC" version with the taller jackshaft plates. Is there a way of telling whether or not the forks (with "fixed" handlebars) would have been original as equipped? Or-could there realistically been a number of different options as built? Also--with the fixed bars and no front "number plate" on the forks--is there a way of identifying the build number or serial? I'll post pics later--or start a new thread if preferred. (My girlfriend may not be thrilled to see it in the garage--but she will be when she rides it later!!)