What bike started your obsession?

In the 60 my cousin let me ride his mini and I crashed and burned. :doah: I don't know what bike it was since I was very young.

Many years later I got tired of tripping over my boys go Kart in the Garage and finally talked him into getting a mini bike to save room. :sorcerer:

Well,,, that was a big mistake because once we bought an OldMiniBikes we where hooked and now I can't even park in the garage anymore,, even with 7 more hung in the rafters!

We remember pulling up to the old guys shed and seeing our first mini, it was sitting out front ready to buy and we had a huge smile on our faces,,, to us it was perfect in every way. :smile:

Last edited:
I had a minibike when I was about 8 years old that my dad bought for us to fix up. Judging by some fuzzy old pics, it seems to have been a Taco 22

As an adult I got into them after my buddy started bringing his kid's Powell Phantom to car swap meets with us for restroom runs.

I decided to get my own, and bought this recently fixed up at the time Gilson:

Mine was a Lil Indian. The one in my avatar, that's me (the kid, not the old guy) It's the only pic I have.
I don't know what model it was, but it had a B&S I think a 4 HP. I was around 5 at the time and remember that day like it was yesterday. Hooked for life......

C9H13NO3

So I know i'm going to get yelled at but, My obssession started with 2 stroke gas scooters and the evolved into putting small 4-strokes on them then one beautiful PA winter day, I received my DB, 3 mini's later, It was the best gift I ever recieved.

Mine was a Lil Indian. The one in my avatar, that's me (the kid, not the old guy) It's the only pic I have.
I don't know what model it was, but it had a B&S I think a 4 HP. I was around 5 at the time and remember that day like it was yesterday. Hooked for life......
Hey, at least you have a pic. :thumbsup:

So I know i'm going to get yelled at but, My obssession started with 2 stroke gas scooters and the evolved into putting small 4-strokes on them then one beautiful PA winter day, I received my DB, 3 mini's later, It was the best gift I ever recieved.
What was the best? I hope it's a old USA bike or you be in the wrong forum! :no:

For me the first mini bike was so cool to look at and I would sit on it and dream. It had a Villers English motorcycle engine about 65 cc. Just missing the intake and carb and the exhaust pipe. Without any help I never got it running. So the implant was there. And when I was 22 years old I spotted 3 boys riding a mini bike and I bought that little mini bike it was a Flexo Big Bear Scrambler with a McCulloch engine. A short 5 years later I bought out a mini bike store and the fire has always been there for all the fun things like go karts , trikes and of course mini bikes.
So you can say there is no cure for this afliction but who's looking for one.
Steve

For me the first mini bike was so cool to look at and I would sit on it and dream. It had a Villers English motorcycle engine about 65 cc. Just missing the intake and carb and the exhaust pipe. Without any help I never got it running. So the implant was there. And when I was 22 years old I spotted 3 boys riding a mini bike and I bought that little mini bike it was a Flexo Big Bear Scrambler with a McCulloch engine. A short 5 years later I bought out a mini bike store and the fire has always been there for all the fun things like go karts , trikes and of course mini bikes.
So you can say there is no cure for this afliction but who's looking for one.
Steve
That's a cool first one Steve. :wink:

delray

i think i fit into the old school guys, i can still remember when my dad purchase a new minibike thru his second part time job at firestone tire service. markg might remember service center at hilldale shopping center. it was a 1970 columbia minibike with a 4hp tecumseh and v-plex torque converter. speed things up to the mid 80's i remember my dad coming home from work and telling me that someone from his work wanted to buy it:no: i told him that i would buy it if he was going to sell it and he just said no, we will just keep it. cool ,so there it sat in are shed until about 2003 when i pull it out and took it home with me to see if i could get it running. at the time the only thing that was wrong with it was,had no spark. cond&points where bad. easy fix:thumbsup: pour some gas in the tank and pulled it couple time and it fire up. took it for a ride and then called my dad up and said hey got it running. 20mins later my dad comes out to see and the next thing you know he's riding it...ha...ha...:thumbsup:.
funny thing is we have no picture of us kids riding it when we where young,but thats ok we still have the bike:smile:
bike sounds so cool with a factory header pipe that go's into a 2inch chrome OD tail pipe thats about a ft long.........

i think i fit into the old school guys, i can still remember when my dad purchase a new minibike thru his second part time job at firestone tire service. markg might remember service center at hilldale shopping center. it was a 1970 columbia minibike with a 4hp tecumseh and v-plex torque converter. speed things up to the mid 80's i remember my dad coming home from work and telling me that someone from his work wanted to buy it:no: i told him that i would buy it if he was going to sell it and he just said no, we will just keep it. cool ,so there it sat in are shed until about 2003 when i pull it out and took it home with me to see if i could get it running. at the time the only thing that was wrong with it was,had no spark. cond&points where bad. easy fix:thumbsup: pour some gas in the tank and pulled it couple time and it fire up. took it for a ride and then called my dad up and said hey got it running. 20mins later my dad comes out to see and the next thing you know he's riding it...ha...ha...:thumbsup:.
funny thing is we have no picture of us kids riding it when we where young,but thats ok we still have the bike:smile:
bike sounds so cool with a factory header pipe that go's into a 2inch chrome OD tail pipe thats about a ft long.........
Have we seen this bike? :confused1: I can't remember. :crying: Good story.

Not sure what kind of mini it was. But I got it for $20 off the kid down the street. It had a 2 1/2 hp Briggs on it, blue and red spray paint, a piece of wood with a piece of couch cushion duct taped to it, and no brakes. It was a blast not sure what happened to it but it's no longer is at my parents house I checked.

Last edited:
Here's my fuzzy pics:

I'm thinking I was in about the 2nd grade. Probably around 1976. The old lady in the one pic was my great grandmother...She had been out here visiting from Oklahoma and was leaving that night, so I was supposed to take a picture with her. I remember insisting that I have my Minibike in the picture. I must have really loved that thing.

My dad says that he raked and gusseted the headstock area to make it more stable. Looks like the forks may have been off something else too...

Not sure what kind of mini it was. But I got it for $20 off the kid down the street. It had a 2 1/2 hp Briggs on it, blue and red spray paint, a piece of wood with a piece of couch cushion duct taped to it, and no brakes. It was a blast not sure what happened to it but it no longer is at my parents house I checked.
Ahhh, duct tape. LOL!! to bad you couldn't find it.