What bike started your obsession?

My dad had an old Cushman that we ripped around in, but I would stare at the ads in Boy's Life also, then Popular Mechanix. I knew every detail of every ad. Then I started memorizing the J.C. Whitney catalogs. We had an old pot belly stove in the machine shed and my dad would use those catalogs to start the fire.

I would not say a BIKE started my obsession/addiction. I would have to say it was this site. I thought I was weird for liking Old minibikes, because I never met anybody that was into them. I bought My Cat 2 years ago at a swap meet just for fun. I found out It's a cheaper hobby than cars. easier to work on, just about as fun, fairly safe, My whole family can enjoy them.. Just an all around great hobby.

In the 60 my cousin let me ride his mini and I crashed and burned. :doah: I don't know what bike it was since I was very young.

Many years later I got tired of tripping over my boys go Kart in the Garage and finally talked him into getting a mini bike to save room. :sorcerer:

Well,,, that was a big mistake because once we bought an OldMiniBikes we where hooked and now I can't even park in the garage anymore,, even with 7 more hung in the rafters!

We remember pulling up to the old guys shed and seeing our first mini, it was sitting out front ready to buy and we had a huge smile on our faces,,, to us it was perfect in every way. :smile:
My 1st bike was a honda ct 70, that was 1972. I've been in and out of rehab ever since. I never owned a mini bike until this year. I only have nine motorcycles and four mini bikes... so,compared to most OldMiniBikes members I don't have an addiction , my wife thinks I'm in denial.

I would have to answer that this site started my obsession. Just last night I was reading through the forum and today I now have a Sensation MB-6L that I rescued from craigslist and members of the forum helped me identify it!!!

My first one was A Coleman 5.3 I bought last January. Now I have a MTD Trail Flight, Fox Condor, Rupp Raodster2, CT70KO and a SL70KO. My kids think I am losing it. They may be right. But it doesnt get much better than putzin on these things with the garage doors open and some good tunes or the Twins playing ball. Well at least not alone!!!:scooter: