What did I buy for $40?

Other bikes had the spring. The footrest passing trough the lower frame tubes is a good indicator of an Arco with that style axle bracket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other bikes had the spring. The footrest passing trough the lower frame tubes is a good indicator of an Arco with that style axle bracket.

All of those in the catalog have hand brakes.

The foot brake has been ripped off of this one and they have a bit of rebar welded on there now.

Your used a disk brake originally. That's what the little bracket is in front of the sprocket.
Still doesn't make sense, so we are using the sprocket as the brake rotor? Look in that top left picture, the bracket is there with nothing attached. Now maybe they used a drum brake around the clutch.

It does appear that the scrubber brake is homemade after I looked again.

Depending on the model it could have had the clutch brake or a caliper over sprocket. I’ve seen the clutch brake bikes that still came with the caliper bracket on the frame. The scrub equipped bikes did not have the caliper bracket. My dad has a survivor chopper that came factory with the caliper and clutch brake...[emoji47]

Depending on the model it could have had the clutch brake or a caliper over sprocket. I’ve seen the clutch brake bikes that still came with the caliper bracket on the frame. The scrub equipped bikes did not have the caliper bracket. My dad has a survivor chopper that came factory with the caliper and clutch brake...[emoji47]

Yea I'm pretty sure this one had a clutch brake because I don't see where the disk would've been.

Well, zooming in on the rear it looks as if the sprocket bolts on? If so, that isn’t original. It would have had a one piece rear wheel with a welded sprocket. The front wheel looks to be original so I’m guessing 6”. Never seen the 6” wheel model with the clutch brake but that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen!