What do I need to do to my 212 carb? Wont run with choke off, stage 1 kit installed

This is a Baja Heat with a mechanically stock 212 hemi & TAV-2.

I swapped in a 35 jet & an Etube from OMBW, an ARC/RLV exhaust & filter/adapter w/ clutch lever bracket.

It won't idle with the choke fully open & part throttle is kind of sputtering. I'm sure I have an idle circuit issue.

Do I need to open the idle jet or just adjust the idle screw?

Thanks!

Contaminated dirty gas problem too. I now know to check everything on a previously used mini bike. Will drain, clean & refill this weekend & proceed.

Getting better, 36 jet, 27 idle & stock Etube. Part throttle to full throttle & feeling strong. Going to open the 35 jet to 37 & idle to 28.

The OMBW Etube is much larger inside than stock.

Checked my jets before drilling. None of them were the sizes ordered, 1 was a 35, others were 1 or 2 sizes smaller. So, I drilled one to 38. Still not right. I'll just ride with the choke on until I get a proper sized drill. Or buy RuiXing carb from ARC, great support from them in my limited experience.

Last edited:
Rufus have you checked your spark plug color ? If it's light tan to white then your carbs to lean . I'am running a clone carb on a Tecumseh with some mods and went all the way to a .042 and did not touch the E tube or idle jet and she runs perfect . I would go back to the stock E tube and try it , then if it's still to lean go bigger on the jet .