What do you have lined up for the winter?

Just finished mine, well... until I find another one.
Billet flywheel and connecting rod, bigger jets, modded intake port, mod 2 cam, 22 pound springs, governor removal, 2 piece wheels, custom paint (it changes colors like our race car) airbrushed HEMI on the tank and Tweety Bird on the clutch cover.
Just plain stupid power and speed, just the thing for in the pits.

Attachments

M3ch

I bought a 70's Sears minibike that I'm working on. Thinking about a swap with a predator 212 and upgrading some stuff. I'll toss the idea around a bit and see what happens

ugmold

Firstly try to finish up and sell off all my Snowblowers (10) mostly old Ariens... which may free up some money to Finish my...
Model 700 Lil Indian
GT240 Ruttman
https://youtu.be/gJYgVuMK5v4
[video=youtube_share;gJYgVuMK5v4]https://youtu.be/gJYgVuMK5v4[/video]
Roma Nova
https://youtu.be/dBBTuSbNJmQ
[video=youtube_share;dBBTuSbNJmQ]https://youtu.be/dBBTuSbNJmQ[/video]
Rupp (needs lot$)
https://youtu.be/rVbVrX9oQZ0
[video=youtube_share;rVbVrX9oQZ0]https://youtu.be/rVbVrX9oQZ0[/video]
all in different phases and states of rebuilding.

IJG

I currently am in the midst of getting proper minibike fuel tanks.:thumbsup:
But it seems like even the 1st bike I built is never completed.:shrug:
I always find something that makes them all incomplete to me. :doah:

Doing a freshening of my front peg Bonanza BC1200, had the 4 layers of paint sandblasted away from the frame, forks and swingarm, my buddy took the parts to his shop and has everything slicked, sanded and in primer, found an almost exact match of the original blue that he will lay down soon, as soon as I get my computer back I will start a build thread...............Tom.

I have several minibike, motorcycle and car projects lined up, but I finally got around to having my shop sheet rocked last week....
I was able to paint the whole thing in primer this weekend. I'll put down the color during the week.

When we went to my buddy's house for Thanksgiving dinner I learned that he'd recently had the floors of his garage and shop professionally coated. They look really wonderful, so I called the painter and he came on Saturday to give me a quote. Here are a couple shots of my friend's floors.

When we went to my buddy's house for Thanksgiving dinner I learned that he'd recently had the floors of his garage and shop professionally coated. They look really wonderful, so I called the painter and he came on Saturday to give me a quote.
Tom, just a heads up. When I built my shop 10 years ago I was all about having the floors coated. That was right up until I read the fine print. Tires will lift some coatings and I have 8 vehicles that have not moved since they were rolled into the shop. If the floor was coated it would be stuck to the tires for sure. The second thing I learned was that you cant weld over floor coatings. It melts and or lifts the vast majority of them. These 2 things led me to just leave them alone. Just research your intended purpose verse what the coating will do.

That being said. Earlier this month we (the Greenville Tec class) went to Hendricks Race Shop for an engine builder build off. It included 8 teams of 2. One was a in house Motorsports guy and the other was an in house dealership line mechanic. On a side note, my BIL worked for RH Volvo in Charleston and competed in this event 3 times. They assembled and fired the engines with a full 60 second run time to stop the clock in 28 minutes and change..... Every floor in every building no matter the use was epoxy coated. We got a full tour of the entire facility include his personal "Private" museum. All I can say about the museum is IF you know what a 69 Camaro and a 67 Corvette looks like then you have seen the museum..... Must have been at least 30 of each in every color and option. 3 cars stood out to me. The Owen's Corning Corvette race car that won something like 22 straight races on a shoe string budget and the 2 Funny Cars of Don Prudhomme and Tom McEwen. One was the original car and the other was a recreation.

Here is a link to the Randy Dorton Engine Builder Showdown.

[video=youtube;rI2qwq9WIvk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI2qwq9WIvk[/video]

Doug

Last edited:
Turn my "shop" garage into a man cave by installing a flat screen TV, and hauling in enough equipment to hydroponically grow 300 pounds of "medicine" for "personal use." Either that, or get a new tattoo to cover the badly faded one I got on one San Miguel-infused sweaty afternoon in the back of an Olangapo Pool joint.
Option #1 for sure!

Tom, just a heads up..Doug
Great story and a cool vid. I've been to a few of the car museums around Charlotte but not Hendrick Motorsports.

I was going to leave the floor bare until I saw my friend's. That got me thinking about how shabby it was going to look w/new paint on the walls, etc. I doubt that I'll ever put my car in there and if I do it's just a little MG sports car. It's all about small motorcycles and minibikes for now. I don't weld. I asked my friend if it was OK to park his car on it and he said the installer told him that after 72 hours nothing will lift the finish. They told me the same thing when I asked, and also said the hard plastic wheels under my table saw and even the steel wheels on my floor jack won't bother it. We'll see about that. Some of the bikes have sharp edges on their kickstands, but I already have a collection of little coasters to go under those, left over from my last shop with a painted floor.

Tom, just a heads up. When I built my shop 10 years ago I was all about having the floors coated. That was right up until I read the fine print. Tires will lift some coatings and I have 8 vehicles that have not moved since they were rolled into the shop. If the floor was coated it would be stuck to the tires for sure. The second thing I learned was that you cant weld over floor coatings. It melts and or lifts the vast majority of them. These 2 things led me to just leave them alone. Just research your intended purpose verse what the coating will do.
I hear you! A lot of guys here do that. They look nice, especially with a vintage x,y, and z collection, flat screen, wet bar, a hot rod on a lift, and a muscle car beneath it. Once you do that, your garage is no longer a garage, but a man cave. Forget drilling holes, sanding, or anything else involve petroleum or abrasives, much less paint.

To put a finer point on it, our car club has "garage parties." The garages in question are nice enough, and roomy and air conditioned enough to support 50 people dressed up in street clothes, hanging out eating and drinking in comfort, with the owners' two to five cars in side as well. I might do mine like that- when I go to sell.

By the way Doug, if you haven't been out to the Ford museum in Tooele, UT off the I80, you've missed some original and iconic history. There are some original Shelby, Cobra, and one-off factory race cars there. Also has a world class race track, and a very nice kart track.

millermotorsportsmuseummain.png

capguncowboy

By the way Doug, if you haven't been out to the Ford museum in Tooele, UT off the I80, you've missed some original and iconic history. There are some original Shelby, Cobra, and one-off factory race cars there. Also has a world class race track, and a very nice kart track.

View attachment 101433
My sister lives in Tooele -- that museum is on my list of to-do activities when we visit next summer. Definitely some cool stuff in there

I hear you! A lot of guys here do that. They look nice, especially with a vintage x,y, and z collection, flat screen, wet bar, a hot rod on a lift, and a muscle car beneath it. Once you do that, your garage is no longer a garage, but a man cave. Forget drilling holes, sanding, or anything else involve petroleum or abrasives, much less paint.

To put a finer point on it, our car club has "garage parties." The garages in question are nice enough, and roomy and air conditioned enough to support 50 people dressed up in street clothes, hanging out eating and drinking in comfort, with the owners' two to five cars in side as well. I might do mine like that- when I go to sell.

View attachment 101433
I have heard about that place Dave. I would love to go and spend some time there. I have a lot of interest in the Ford race cars of the 60's. Sadly I probably wont get that far west again in my lifetime. I have been out to the left coast twice. Once on business and once for the 50th Oakland Roadster show. And I got to see the original Hirohata Mercury and Nick Matranga's 1940 Mercury at the show. 2 cars that I have always wanted to see in person. Enjoyed that trip a lot. Spent 2 weeks wondering up and down the coast.

They are supposed to be building a new "Mustang" museum in the Charlotte/Concord area. I probably wont ever go there either and that's less than 2 hours away. Ford yes, Mustang no... Just me. I have been burnt out on Mustang's for a long long time. Probably the reason that I haven't even thought about doing something with my 69 Mach 1. Just sitting in the corner collecting dust for the last 11 years.

Doug

Lost all my parts for a Baja build to my sons project so I hope to start from fresh on mine. Getting parts planned for the engine etc.... maybe do the build off to motivate me.