What do you regret selling?

Technically Tom I'm not a former Mini owner ... I've found in hard to let go of this one these past 28 years.

1974 Italian built Innocenti Mini Cooper 1300 Export ... but I molested it with stuff like 1.7:1 roller rockers and the early type Sprintex twin screw Superchargers from the '80s ... never could stop messing with engines!

LOVE the Mustang hard top with hub caps! So cool!
What was the '67 Mini you owned?

Last edited:
My Fiat Abarth. That thing was seriously fun to drive on a twisty mountain road. Unfortunately at the time I lived in a 30 ft rented trailer with no garage and all my tools would fit in the Abarth's "trunk." It's highly tuned engine (7000 rpm redline) did not like winter and I needed a reliable car to get to work.
WLB Which Abarth model did you have? Have any pics? I love those cars!

45t

Miss my 1958 Plymouth Plaza (no pic of it but its like my avatar). I was building a "Christine" clone, but ended up needing to sell to pay some bills that were more improtant than keeping the car.

Also miss my 70 Road Runner. It was a mechanical turd, but it sure would scream between wrenching on it to keep it tuned.

I miss my 70 Torino 429SCJ 4speed 4:30 rear That car was quick!! Then my 67 Mustang Fastback GT that someone had put a 410 Merc engine in with a 4 speed. Yellow with black interior. Lastly my Cat 400x that I bought brand new in 69. Yep you're right if we only knew!!!

matt2

My 57 Chevy hardtop metallic blue 327 4 speed 411 rear end. That car would leave 2 beautiful marks anytime you had the urge. I did not sell that car. I came home from partying at 2am got up for work at 6am and it was gone. It is a pretty sick feeling to know where you parked the car, but you still check everywhere you can park and it's gone. I know, I did not sell it but it is still gone and I want it back. This happened about 35 years ago I know I am old.:censure:

Well Jerry I guess I could tell that story.....Well back in 1969 I bought a brand new Cat 400x from Kiddie City in King of Prussia Pa. It was in a huge box fortunately my Dad had a van and we loaded it up and brought it home. My Mother was one who never threw any boxes away so when I unpacked the mini, she made me put it in our attic.......so last year or maybe the year before Jerry and I did a little trading and we got to talking. I had traded him the "title" to my 400x and some other literature. He asked if I had any other stuff and I mentioned that the box still might be in the attic of our old house. So I called my Mom who knew the new owners and she in turn called them and asked about the big "Cat" box in the attic...... Turns out that they had "just" cleaned out the attic and gave all the boxes to the boy scouts during one of their paper drives. Thinking about it when i read this I talked to my Mom again and Jerry and I actually missed the box by weeks!! So that is the story of my 400X shipping box. Thanks for reminding me Jerry!!!!

...... Thanks for reminding me Jerry!!!!
Hahaha...sorry buddy. To miss it by a couple weeks after 40 years is really unbelievable.:doah:

If your mom was still living in that house it would never have gotten thrown out and it would probably be in my attic now.:rolleyes:

It's still a cool story....tell em how you ended up with the 400x instead of the model you wanted....everybody here likes stories and at least that one has a happy ending.:smile:

1964 Cadillac Sedan DeVille about 16 years ago. Sold it for $500 and it would easily be worth $15,000+ now. It was straight (all the chrome was there), had a very nice stock interior, the vinyl top was in great shape and it ran well. I rarely drove it so my parents made me sell it. I got it for free from my auto shop during my senior year. It was donated, I called dibs and did some work to it so it was mine. All it really needed was paint and to all the maintenance shit on the suspension gone through.

I had a 1977 Panasonic Sport Deluxe bicycle that looked exactly like this one. Same color, everything. I bought it brand new when I was in college. I loved that bike and it was in perfect shape. But I hadn't been riding much for awhile, and I gave it to Goodwill when we moved to a new house on '02 or so. I really do regret that.