What do you regret selling?

I had a 70 1/2 Challenger TA, Top banana, 340 six pac, 4 speed ,391 sure grip. sold it for 6000 in the mid 80's. After the big price drops its still worth 50 to 70+ thousand now. The other was a 1923 t bucket with a blown 392 hemi. Had trouble getting 7000 for it in the late 80's. Saw it sold on some classic car site for 25000 a year later.

Is that a supercharger on the mini? Theres one sitting near me with 4 flat tires hasnt moved in 4 or 5 years. Id love to have it. Id really like to get one before the prices go up too high like everything else old and cool. I learn from others. Rather than regret selling stuff I just keep it all :laugh:

I regrete many things.

Trouble with things is you get attached to them.
Then bad stuff happens and you are forced to part with them.

Once morning you wake up and don't miss the thing so much as the money you spent and lost in your parting with the thing......

What you really regrete when its gone is how much time and effort you ca never get back having been wasted on a thing instead of the important stuff and people in your life.

Just my own personal observation.
I try not to cling to my things because I know sooner or later I will end up giving them up.

I regrete many things.

Trouble with things is you get attached to them.
Then bad stuff happens and you are forced to part with them.

Once morning you wake up and don't miss the thing so much as the money you spent and lost in your parting with the thing......

What you really regrete when its gone is how much time and effort you ca never get back having been wasted on a thing instead of the important stuff and people in your life.

Just my own personal observation.
I try not to cling to my things because I know sooner or later I will end up giving them up.
You just dated yourself because there couldn't be any young people that wise. Good for you.

You just dated yourself because there couldn't be any young people that wise. Good for you.
Sometimes I get drunk and make wild claims on the OldMiniBikes such as I invented the question mark.

Ask me in 20+ years when I lay on my death bed if I have any regrets.
I may have something wise to say me thinks.

Yep, it's a Shorrock supercharger...
That is so cool.

There are several that I don't miss, but the regrets list is longer - '67 MGB-GT, '68 Mustang 4-spd coupe, '67 Mini, '71 Chev SNB PU, '82 XV 920 Euro, '83 VT500 Ascot, '81 XR80 , '85 600 Ninja, and on and on...

That Mustang hardtop was neat. One of three '68s I've owned. 302 4-barrel, 4-spd, disc brakes, posi. It was a ball to drive. I was about 22 years old.

Last edited:
I miss my Gremlin, had it for about 11 years. Lot's of time and work went into it and once I finally got it to where I wanted it was kinda forced to sell it. Had it stored at my dads and every time I went to go get it there were more black marks in the garage, mud all through the car and the fuel cell was dry but nobody knew how it happened because they were all drunk and didn't remember getting it out. I sold it before somebody could get killed in it or kill somebody out playing in it. I miss it but I know someday I will build another one, but this time with my kids!

toomanytoys

I really only regret selling my Honda CT70 I had as a kid and my first minibike. Other than those being my "first" I regret them. But one can always buy more minibikes.

Most "nice" cars I've had were destroyed before they could be sold :laugh:

I'm honestly the type of guy everything I have is for sale for the right price. You have cash, its yours.

WLB

My Fiat Abarth. That thing was seriously fun to drive on a twisty mountain road. Unfortunately at the time I lived in a 30 ft rented trailer with no garage and all my tools would fit in the Abarth's "trunk." It's highly tuned engine (7000 rpm redline) did not like winter and I needed a reliable car to get to work.

WrenchDad

My 72 Buick Skylark Suncoupe It was a custom original with a 350 4 barrel and a slide back accordian style sunroof. They were taken off the assembly line and taken to a custom roof shop and had the sunroof's put in them. I had gotten it in 87 for $400 fixed it all up and was a daily driver. Then while I was in the service I traded it in for something a little more practical. They only made between 1500 and 3400 the actual quanity of the suncoupes is questionable because they didnt keep very good records back then. But I do regret getting rid of it. because they are pretty hard to come by now.

My JC Penny Bird Engineering Foremost Golden Pinto

This bike belonged in a museum...100% original including the air in the tires...got it from the original owner, looked like it was never ridden.

The thing would fly too!! I sold it in a weak moment to Denny (LilIndianChopper).

He calls me up once a month to remind me how nice the bike is...:glare:

70 Cuda 340 4 spd.....parted it out over being hit in the driver quarter panel....my mother wanted it out of the drive....I basically got nothing out of it...still gets my blood boiling!!!

Last edited:
I also regret selling my 1960's Vespa 90 small frame, that thing was completely unmolested and was in time warp condition, faded paint and just the right amount of patina. I would love to replace it some day soon.

I kind of regret retiring this ... but the shell cracked in all 4 corners of the windshield aperture and I had just started dating this girl with incredible boobs, so I was too distracted to re-shell the car.

Hindsight being the perfect science and all that ... although at the time she was a total distraction, I can safely say that looking back, the racer was a more memorable ride.

Last edited: