What do you think about the new eBay sellers rules?

Not that I sell many items but I don't like how the new system is going to work.
Yep, They are going to a totally different direction. The claim they want to give sellers more ways to pay but I think its much more than that. I have always used Paypal as the buffer between them and my bank account. I'm not about to let the fox into the hen house now!

They have sent me numerous emails and messages about it, and now I guess I have until May 21 to switch over. I just don't get it. I have always paid my fees, and I have 100% feedback. I listed a few things this past weekend, and after May 21 I'm done selling with them.

Also, They changed up the seller dashboard too.. Hard as hell to use now...

They must of got burned a few times on trying to collect their seller fee's. Heck, you don't even have to give your SSN to vote. lol. Probably has something to do with the sales tax also. I would guess they are going to send you a 1099 at the end of the year also. I only ever sell a few things on ebay once in a while. I guess I'm done. Just think how much those sellers fee's must be for somebody like mini bike warehouse, or when you sell a car.

They must of got burned a few times on trying to collect their seller fee's. Heck, you don't even have to give your SSN to vote. lol. Probably has something to do with the sales tax also. I would guess they are going to send you a 1099 at the end of the year also. I only ever sell a few things on ebay once in a while. I guess I'm done. Just think how much those sellers fee's must be for somebody like mini bike warehouse, or when you sell a car.
I did hear that they will indeed send 1099's out after a certain amount of sales.....

This bears the question of how will you be able to pay now? Will you have to pay direct from your bank acount? If so I guess Fleabay will be another site I dont bother to frequent anymore...
I think you can still use PayPal or a credit card. This seems to only affect the sellers. eBay wants to make sure they get their fee's.

This bears the question of how will you be able to pay now? Will you have to pay direct from your bank acount? If so I guess Fleabay will be another site I dont bother to frequent anymore...
Hey Doug.. @manchester1 is right.....you can still use PayPal. Just be careful when you do the check out on any items you buy.. I've caught it trying to take me away from PayPal a couple times.. just be sure to keep clicking PayPal till the end of the process..

On a side note.. Is it me or am I already noticing much less content on Ebay since this started coming about? Sure seems like it..

pomfish

There is more to it than them getting their money instantly when you get paid.
They also will pull a stunt where you just listed 5 items all on 3 day auctions which they charge $1 each to do vs 5-7-10 day auctions.
If you have just had auctions end that you will not be paid from epay for 2-5 business days they will cash out (release payment to you) one of your auctions immediately so they can scam the 3 day fees ahead of time instead of waiting until your auctions end.
Then they will drag their feet releasing the other ended auction payments that have been made by customers.
Meanwhile you are shelling out the shipping for items you sold and were already paid for but epay is "processing" your payment transfer.

Bottom line, they hold your money and make bank on it while you wait.

That being said, they still are the best way to sell your items to a worldwide audience and you can list items for free so it is like having a free window to the world of you wares.
All it takes is one good auction where 2 huys get into a pizzing match and Boom you make more than you ever would selling at a flea market, brick and mortar, etc.

Later,
Keith

On a side note.. Is it me or am I already noticing much less content on Ebay since this started coming about? Sure seems like it..
I have noticed that some pickings seem to be slim myself. Items that are repitiousous like reproduction sheetmetal or aftermarket parts like V-8 valve covers and intakes are as plentiful as ever.