What do you think of these tires for the rear of my trike?

wjustice

I think they look good. Enough tread for some traction in the dirt and enough rubber to wear ok on the road. Can you get the wheels in 5 lug and what size are those tires. I have Carlisle badlands x pattern and often wish I had less so I could slide.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That will set you back.:laugh: Those tires look close to the original Alsport tred.:thumbsup: If I put those nice wheels on my trike, I would never ride it.:laugh:

125ccCrazy

I think they look good. Enough tread for some traction in the dirt and enough rubber to wear ok on the road. Can you get the wheels in 5 lug and what size are those tires. I have Carlisle badlands x pattern and often wish I had less so I could slide.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I'm not aware of any five lug wheels like these until you get into car wheels so 14" would probably be the smallest diameter with five lug.
Those tires are 20/10-10..

When it comes to the rims both styles are nice. Black is getting quite popular with the 4x4 truck crowd. Really like the tire choice. Tread looks nice for both Street or dirt. Wish they came in 18–9.50-8 size. I could use a set for my trike project.

I like both but which one for a particular bike depends on color and graphics of the bike. If the bike has a bunch of chrome on it now don't mix and match.

I'm old school and normally lean towards bright chrome or polished but when I was shopping for rims for my orange nova with black stripes gunmetal/black chrome won out. On something with dark color paint IMHO I don't care for dark rims. Again IMHO I'm really sick of the so called murdered out (all black) or the so called rat rod looks.

Last edited:

125ccCrazy

those are cool, reminds me of the old aluminum slot mags... where did you find them?

I like both but which one for a particular bike depends on color and graphics of the bike. If the bike has a bunch of chrome on it now don't mix and match.

I'm old school and normally lean towards bright chrome or polished but when I was shopping for rims for my orange nova with black stripes gunmetal/black chrome won out. On something with dark color paint IMHO I don't care for dark rims. Again IMHO I'm really sick of the so called murdered out (all black) or the so called rat rod looks.
I agree, I'm not much for the all blacked out look, it was cool at first but it's way over done now... I think the plan will be polished wheels with metalflake paint on the body...not sure if I want to go with small flake or larger flake like would have been used in the 70's..

Those are actually trailer tire/rim combos . The bolt patterns 5 on 4.5 and the original tire size was 18.5,these are 20's . Check on eBay there's all kinds to pick from. Also they're speed rated to handle the top speed of a trike unlike golf cart wheels

125ccCrazy

I got the tires, they are very nice,,deep tread....I believe these should do well on dirt as well as pavement plus they are a lot sportier looking than the traditional golf cart/lawn equipment tires.. These tires look like something you would see on a Mustang 5.0..