What is it? Rupp?

image.jpg :)should have taken pic before I took apart for restoring, when together looks like a black widow, except for double 1” tubing for frame, always wondered what it was, had for 20 yrs

markus

Scat Cat SC "super cat" They were made in Taiwan I think by Yuan Ta. Distributed here in the US by Small engine Distributors. They were introduced in 1971 and ran through the mid 1970's. there were a few different models based off it depending on year and engine.

thanks for the heads up, I have parts to assemble bike, I dismantled bike before I took that pic. of frame, just going through bike to get ready for my grandson to ride, should bring some good memories for him like it did with me and my son. but if anything needs replacing I now know the name of bike to look on ebay. one thing i am wondering is, pics i see of scat cats sc are red frames? mine is black, did they come in black? Debating on painting it red or keeping it black

joshua. c.

Ive seen some in red and at least 1 in blue so I'm not certain. if you scratch some pain off and see another color underneath that is probably the original color if there's no other than the color it is should be the original. instead of making the decision yourself why don't you ask your grandson what color he wants since the bike is for him anyways. it will make the bike feel more like its his if he gets to choose. you could make some good memory's together if you let him help assemble the bike as well.