What is it?

ugmold

I picked this up today on CL. No name that I can see. Handlebars I think are bicycle, rear wheel looks Harbor Freight. Color is light purple-ish rust.

Frame look straight, engine plate is loose. 2 cool home made fenders and 1 that looks original. Seat with frame, at the very least has been recovered, or is home made.

Imagine it had rear suspension and looks like it might have front suspension.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg few like it before, but ?

ugmold

I realized the plate looked weird, it was loose, not welded down, flipped it over it sits fine. Another 20 degree engine plate. The handlebars are bicycle bars screwed right into the triple clamp, it looks like it should have bar clamps like a motorcycle/Rupp.

capguncowboy

I realized the plate looked weird, it was loose, not welded down, flipped it over it sits fine. Another 20 degree engine plate. The handlebars are bicycle bars screwed right into the triple clamp, it looks like it should have bar clamps like a motorcycle/Rupp.
Yeah, MTD used some funky shaped bars that swept out towards the front and back. Those are probably the ugliest mini bike made, but they ride great

ugmold

That was a good guess capgun. Or very close. Looks like an MTD/Columbia, the red one is most similar . They call them the "ugly" MTD's lol, rightly so.

mtd523gen1.jpg mtd523gen2.jpg mtd523gen3.jpg