What is the best Shipping Carrier to use to ship an engine?

What is the best & safest Shipping Carrier to use to ship an engine? I need to have an older engine shipped to me & keep it from getting damaged during transit. I just wanted to hear from other members here on oldminibikes.com that has done this before & what is best to use.

delray

there really isn't a best shipping service out there to safely ship your engine. what you really need to do is make sure you crate and box up you engine very good. so it can handle the punishment.
i deal with lot of logistics and i see what ups does and fedex and others. there are somethings now we just don't use package services and just ship it LTL (truck on a skid). just make sure it's package very well and make sure all the oil is out.
goodluck..

markus

I mainly use fedex, they usually come in the most affordable. I have not tried ups in the last few years, but I do get donor engines I buy in from others though them a lot. Ups will put another box around them, ring the bell and run when you get one in that puked oil all over the place and half blown out of the box. A lot of people just throw them in a box with some newspaper.... that’s no bueno!

I mainly use fedex, they usually come in the most affordable. I have not tried ups in the last few years, but I do get donor engines I buy in from others though them a lot. Ups will put another box around them, ring the bell and run when you get one in that puked oil all over the place and half blown out of the box. A lot of people just throw them in a box with some newspaper.... that’s no bueno!
Thanks markus, I think I'll try Fed-Ex if you have had good results using them.