What is the mini bike correct carburetor for my HS40 ?

Hello Folks,

I am not finding the original carburetor that my hs40 had on it before someone replaced it with a 'bulb' primer model....:doah:

I see all sorts of stuff out there available for hs40's, I just don't know how to determine which would be best for mini bike application.

What is the mini bike correct carburetor for my HS40....:shrug: Thank you in advance for the help...:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Michael....Thank You...!!!

I don't know why I was having issue. That link to the motor diagram is very helpful. Looking at the 631918 carburetors available in another window.

Thanks again, for the fast help !

Robert

I am seeing a wide range of prices.

What are you all's opinions on paying for OEM...which are close to $90....versus...

using the knockoff carbs, said to replace carburetor 631918...that cost only around....$15...?

For context, this is for my Bird War Eagle mini bike.

Again, thank y'all in advance for your help !

Last edited:
Over the years lots of our members have used the Tec China-made "clone" carbs with much success. Unless you are doing a full restoration and you want everything to be period correct and OEM, and your bike is just a rider, I believe that the China carb is the way to go. You do not have much to lose at only $ 15.00... Just make sure it is a fully adjustable model with the high speed screw on the bottom of the float bowl and the idle mixture screw on the side of the carb. If you do get one, report back with your results...
Michael

Thanks again Michael. I appreciate that advice...I just ordered me one, for a whole $12.94... :laugh: with free shipping,

It should be here by the 31'st...which is plenty of time. I want to get this little bike running for Windber again. It's kind of a small bike, but has major power..and I encourage the younger experienced riders to ride it, because it's such a good runner, and a good example of what a basic mini bike is....frame, scrub brake, seat, motor...runs like a bat out of :censure:...:laugh: loads of fun.

Last year Bill (from Coral Caverns) son Max, had a blast with it.

Thanks again !

I am seeing a wide range of prices.

What are you all's opinions on paying for OEM...which are close to $90....versus...

using the knockoff carbs, said to replace carburetor 631918...that cost only around....$15...?

For context, this is for my Bird War Eagle mini bike.

Again, thank y'all in advance for your help !
They suck butt hole at least 70% of the times ive installed one. Including some that appear to have no idle circuit drilled in em. Just turn the idle screw and absolutely nothing changes.
What i started doing was spending the same money on rebuild kits and just get the old ones going. Its fun AND rewarding!

I hear ya' Johnny. I appreciate the input. It's nice to hear different folks experiences.

I'd always wondered about the performance of the knock off's, and I guess I'll find out with this one. Michael has had some good experiences so I'm giving it a go.

I've committed to this one, for all of $12.94. Ordered it yesterday morning, got an email at 6:04 am today, saying it had shipped...but with an estimated delivery date of 5/31...I guess it takes a while to make it from China.....:laugh:...

Anyway, I'll report back how it does, and if it flops, I'll still have time to buy an OEM to have it ready for riding in Windber.

Thanks again y'all !!