What is this mini bike, I think it's a fox but I don't know the model

Hey guys, new to The Forum, I've done a lot of pocket bike stuff but I've also done a lot of mini bike stuff over the years but never had a question about one. I have no idea what I picked up here, it looks like it used to be a 2-speed even though it's missing one sprocket. There is the clutch still on the jackshaft and a floating caliper which look like it was for the sprocket. No rear wheel it had a tractor seat on it which I took off. I think it's a fox but I don't know what model. I originally thought possibly it was missing a rear control arm but I believe it's not and that the wheel and axle went right through what you see in the pictures. I really don't care what it's worth I just want to know what model and brand I have. I picked it up cheap and wouldn't mind building it up but I might just sell it quick. Thanks for your help

Attachments

markus

Its a 1968/69 Fox doodle bug. They used a disc brake and Tecumseh those years only on those frames....But the brochures never got updated though.....Fox was really bad with brochures/catalogs The 1970 brochure I have shows designs that never even came to market :oops:

that's funny, that's honestly what I thought it was, a fox Doodlebug. But I wasn't totally sure. Thank you very much. Not totally sure what I'm going to do with it yet. I think I'm going to try to build it. Unfortunately I probably won't use a tecumsah, I do have a 3.5 horse Tecumseh but that is supposed to go on my 65 Rupp

I think someone just put the clutch on the Jack shaft rather then the engine. That is just a standard clutch.
Have you ever heard of a 2-speed on a 68-69 Fox Doodlebug? Or somebody just went a little crazy on this bike over the years. Some of the pictures I see online show the provisions for a jackshaft but show the chain going straight back on the left side. This one clearly who was on the right considering the brake caliper for the sprocket on the right. Hey thanks for your time and knowledge.

markus

Have you ever heard of a 2-speed on a 68-69 Fox Doodlebug? Or somebody just went a little crazy on this bike over the years. Some of the pictures I see online show the provisions for a jackshaft but show the chain going straight back on the left side. This one clearly who was on the right considering the brake caliper for the sprocket on the right. Hey thanks for your time and knowledge.
The fitment would be hard on those, Those were setup/intended to run the input sprocket from engine to the jackshaft outside the frame and output sprocket to the wheel on the left side. The fairbanks 2speed that Fox did go with was in fact setup that way on bikes that got them, but Those particular plates are kinda like U shaped and may not clear the 2 speed. Again, that just a standard clutch on that jackshaft, someone probably threw some type of engine had a crank that would not fit a clutch and just ran a sprocket off the crank to the jackshaft.

post number 7 from member Mark G shows the disc brakes on the doodle and trail bugs: https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/fox-trail-bug.85035/#post-747351