What is this?

So it is a Grand prix? Or it could be? :shrug: Going to make it a rider..For the wife, She likes it..She is starting to show signs of addiction..:smile:

capguncowboy

Thanks bikebudy.The frame on the blue one is shaped different.. Maybe different years? Any body in the know? Is it a grand prix? I agree it is from Tiawan. It seems to be very well built..
I'm wondering if the blue one was bent that way. Maybe it's the angle of the picture, but the front forks seem to lean back further than the other

I'm wondering if the blue one was bent that way. Maybe it's the angle of the picture, but the front forks seem to lean back further than the other
I looked at the frame very closely. It sure looks factory. No tool marks or signs of heat. That's why I asked about it. Looks different from other Tiawan bikes I seen. Hopefully a Tiawan bike guru can give insight. The fold down handle bars are cool.

down on the engine plates,the back one should show a Taiwan stamp on the left side.
i looked at these bikes back when i got the scat cat 114,look those up n look at the frame/forks.
your frame looks identical to my frame.
mine didnt come nearly as complete as yours did tho,so im modifying it.
when i took the front forks off,i was Amazed how heavy they were.
i can tell you these bikes ride really well,but you want to make sure the seat n shocks are top notch,unless you like riding a swaybacked mule:wink:

they said? the grand prixs were a name for the same bikes.:shrug:
but looking at various frames they arent.
ill take a pic of the Angle of my front end in a few mins n add it.
see what you think:thumbsup:

ive Also seen these bikes with This frame and a diff Fork setup factory too...just like yours is<<

sooooo lol ?
and,btw Edit:
the pic of my frame,dont go by the pegs,or the kickstand or the seat mount setup.
all of that was hacked before i got it.
it also has a completely diff fork setup in pics.
im just trying to show you the angles on the front end and the frame :thumbsup:

if you dont mind,i was looking at your bike and i see you have the drum brake rear thats Different from my setup,can you take a clear pic of the front forks/wheel area and the rear as well?

Last edited:
Thanks ludicrous speed for the info. Mine has the Tiawan stamp as well. The blue paint should clean up nicely. The lines almost appear chopperesh on the bike. Thats what caught my eye, and noticed it was very well built. Was told by the former owner that the engine blew a rod out of the side and it was thrown in the barn back in the late 70s. I discovered it when I bought and old push mower from him. He says he thinks it was bought by his dad at local hardware store back in the day. Its about to start life # 2 as my wifes putter for the neighborhood. :scooter: Hopefully she wont blow it up..Lol Good luck with your project..

if you dont mind,i was looking at your bike and i see you have the drum brake rear thats Different from my setup,can you take a clear pic of the front forks/wheel area and the rear as well?

Will pm you some pics.