What is this?

Yes I know it's a kart...
I picked this up a while back for $75 in running driving shape. It had a hot rodded 5HP Briggs with one tire fire. It has all the slicks with the itty bitty 4 aluminum wheels.

Has some unique I guess side panels on the side bars that may help someone more knowledgeable identify it. I tried to get some OK pics without waking everyone up.

Any idea what I have here? Definitely has some war wounds that have been patched here and there. I road it so it handled my fat butt OK.

I want to put it back into use for my son. He's pretty young so I have a bit to work on it. It won't have slicks and will probably get a live axle.

Attachments

It is a Fox 2100, but no one has been able to cite the difference between the 2100 and the Go Boy. The IGA models were promotional and only difference was the seat upholstery. None of that is to be confused with the Fox Mini Go Boy which was tiny.

LeMans wheels are somewhat difficult to source, and Dick Teal is on some other vintage karting sites, and has complete information on these. He worked for Fox back then and also has frame drawings.

They are getting harder to find, since the more desirable racing karts have been snapped up, and folks are starting to collect these yard karts and put live axles on them. I decided to restore this one to it's original specifications. I had a West Bend on it for awhile, but finally ended up with a vintage Tecumseh I built to mimic the original Lauson it would have been supplied with. The Clinton two stroke was an option.

My kids and grandkids, ages 8 to 40 have a blast on it with the Tecumseh, and it is well suited to the 8 year olds especially. They really toss it around, and the handling and response is surprising.

The slicks work very well, and since I retained the original scrub brake, hold up better than diamond tires. One modification I made was to add a front crash bar. The reason for that is obvious. I'm happy to answer any questions should you have any.