What is This?

FunWithStuff

That's a really cool bike! Like 45t said it's a Cat 250X that was sold through JCPenney's that's a very uncommon model to find. Looks like it's mostly there just missing a few parts. Let us know if you end up buying it!

markus

Neat version, one I have never seen except in a manual. And I have to say I never noticed that it was the solid forkplate version as its not real noticable on the parts breakdown, unless you are looking for it! I think it predates Penney's using that bike though, theres was blue with stripes and did not use the Mach I name. I would be interested to see a close up of the data plate on the engine to get a better idea of timeframe as the manual does not have a date, and it is also not shown as Penney's or Grants, both of which had thier own printed manuals and model numbers from what I have seen.

catmach1 (2).jpg catmach11 (2).jpg catmach12 (2).jpg

FunWithStuff

Neat version, one I have never seen except in a manual. And I have to say I never noticed that it was the solid forkplate version as its not real noticable on the parts breakdown, unless you are looking for it! I think it predates Penney's using that bike though, theres was blue with stripes and did not use the Mach I name. I would be interested to see a close up of the data plate on the engine to get a better idea of timeframe as the manual does not have a date, and it is also not shown as Penney's or Grants, both of which had thier own printed manuals and model numbers from what I have seen.

View attachment 296066 View attachment 296067 View attachment 296068
That's very awesome you have this manual for it! So it looks like this bike was actually called Mach 1 so that is the original decal on the forks. It was originally painted yellow (which you can see on the bike) and only had a fender on the front which was very unusual for Cats. Looks like this bike is more complete and original than I thought!