what kind of 70s minibike has a single tube mainframe?

i still dont have a definitive answer as to what this bike is.several people have tried to help.but,when i look at pics they say it is i always see something to say it isnt it.so,if anyone has seen this bike or has a pic that matches.please put my weary mind to rest.i just want to know exactly what i have.
this bike has a rupp seat,yamaha tank and cap,the owner of it said it was a rupp rmt80.but the rmt 80 has a split tube mainframe not a single also it doesnt have a support bracket from the wheel to the right side wheel arm.
also the motor is a power sport techumseh 4 hp with a torque a verter.the owner said he had the old motor.but,didnt say what it was at the time.wish i had asked.anyways i wanted to wish all you mini lovers happy holidays if i dont write anything by then....mike p.s...it doesnt have any serial numbers anywhere.believe me i looked hard

Last edited:
do the motor mounts look like they're factory? if you can find out whether it came from the factory with that type of motor (vs. a dirt bike motor) it would probably help to narrow down what it could be quite a bit.

Well to me it looks like a modified Yamaha JT1 mini enduro. The JT1 had the front lower frame removeable. Looks like someone replaced it with a rupp lower frame. If it is a JT1, the ID should be stamped on the steering neck.

Hey Zman, look at your hubs for numbers. If you find some numbers you can check a yamaha dealer site under parts, assuming it's a yammy that is. Look also on the forks.

JustEnough

That is a mini motorcycle, called a pit bike these days. The wheels are to tall and skinny to be called a minibike.

If there was a sign showing "You Must Be This Short For This Ride", the response would be FAIL!

well guys...it does have metric nuts and bolts.that would make it a yamaha in my book,correct?rupps are american made with standard bolts

You know Dobb's, this bike also resembles a dirt bike made in Spain. You know which one I'm referring to?
The only two bikes I can think of off the top of my head that were made over that area back then were husqvarna and bultaco. I had a Husky back in the 80's, but it was missing the engine and I traded it off.

Last edited:

delray

I will go with GTO,not a minibike. it looks to be a 70's or early 80's dirt bike or i should say a enduro motorcycle. the tecumseh 4hp engine that is on it looks to be 90's+ and it also does not have the correct intake set up for the angle mounted engine.
bike looks to be modifly and that someone probable painted or filled in any numbers on the frame when they built it.:grind:
still looks fun to ride for adult...........:scooter:

guys thanks a million.delray,the techuseh is a 2004 h40 power sport.it is a strong motor.
well,to me it was fun to run this thread.now..i will be watching...take care and happy holidays