What kind of bike is this?? Rupp

markus

1968 Rupp c350, light kit would be an accessory on that one. This example has the later/optional brake pedal on it but you get the idea:

markus

Yes, those were listed like that in 1967 (different frame design). They dont show a "lighted" version of the "C" bikes in '68 in the catalog but that does not mean they didn't offer it or make some though, at least earlier on the year using leftover lighting kits from 1967 as the headlights changed on the catalog bikes to side post mount, they were still using the lighted 3.5's for the XL 350.

capguncowboy

If you're looking for parts, your best bet is between here, Ebay, and BlackWidowMotorSports.net

What parts are you in need of? I have a few odds and ends

Take the rims, fenders,shocks and chain guard and send them to Advanced Plating in Tenn. , they will come back looking better than new. If your worried about the price ask them to give you a quote first. Don't clean them or sand them or anything or they will charge you more. They will take all the dents ,scratches off and come back perfect. Bet it will be cheaper than the used parts and all the trouble trying to find them, shipping for all the used parts , disappointment of how the used parts you get look. This advise is based on past experience ! Do this and you will have a show bike that every Rupp owner will be envy of. If you are wondering why I left out the headlight it is because you can get brand new similar lights cheaper that getting that one plated. Now if you want it all original , throw the light in too or ask them to quote it separate from the unique parts and then decide.
:grind: You will so happy with their work!
Will

capguncowboy

I sent them an email for a quote. What do u figure it would be worth all done up? Just curious.
Sorry Joe. We don't give values here. In simple terms: It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. That being said, feel free to scout Ebay to get an idea of what others are getting for theirs.

It will be worth less than what the chrome ends up costing unless you commit to a full resto, then it will still be worth less than what you spent in the end. It's easy to say just have stuff chromed but that bike needs attention in all areas. Get it running and then get some evaporust to remove the rust from the chrome, if it's not pitted badly it will clean up to an acceptable level for a rider. Then you get a bike you can ride and enjoy without having a small fortune invested.

I sent them an email for a quote. What do u figure it would be worth all done up? Just curious.

Thanks Will.
Head South next month.
I'm going to try to make the event. I guess I was assuming he wanted to restore it like new. It's such a nice bike if it were mine I would drop a little cash to make it right. Hope to run across a Cat one day and when I do it will end up the best one around. Don't know what the thanks was for unless for telling you about Advanced Plating.

Rupp 72

1968 Rupp c350, light kit would be an accessory on that one. This example has the later/optional brake pedal on it but you get the idea:
Would have to be either a rupp digger or sprint, not a c350 as it has the 2 piece motor mount indicating it is from 1969 not 1968.

markus

Would have to be either a rupp digger or sprint, not a c350 as it has the 2 piece motor mount indicating it is from 1969 not 1968.
you got better eyes tham me, I cant see the split plates with that big backing plate on whatever engine that is on it. If thats the case and it is a 1969, I have an original correct numbers Tecumseh 3.5hp off a 1969 scrambler with lighting coil I will sell if your gonna drop some coin and really resto that bike Joe :thumbsup:

markus

Thats where in headed with it. What where u looking to get for it?
$300, will need paintwork and standard freshening up, but its all correct- bolt on throttle, flattop shroud, rear exit wiring, steel sleeve block, 5/8 crank, etc.. Early May '69 build date you can PM me if your interested and I will dig it all out and snap pics (Its torn down to longbock in boxes right now).