What kind of minibike do we have here

A friend of mine picked these up a number of years ago. He was told they sat for close to 40 years when he bought them. He believe they are late 60's early 70's.

What do we have here and how rare are they?

I am not sure that it is. The rear of the bike looks a little different. In my pic the rear swing arm is on the outside of the rear seat tube and in the advert you posted the swing arm is on the inside.

Definitely Bug Trail Scouts! Jeez two them at once, your killing me!

Wait a minute, I haven't seen the mid-upright tube before. There was an Azusa Apache sold that always looked like a Flea clone (eithe made by K&P or copied) that I've seen ads for. Bug did a lot of changing on their minis so these maybe one of those versions because everything else looks Fleaish to me.

Last edited:
Not an Azusa Apache.

My guess would be they are a different year bike than the article shows. Same seat, wheels, tank, similar frame and they both even have Kohler engines like the article shows.

Looks like we have a consensus. We are going to call these Bug Trail Scout from K&P Manufacturing. Thanks everyone for replying. My buddy will be happy to hear they are fairly rare and hard to find. I am assuming that it would be ebst value to restore these versus modifying them. BTW each motor is free. They are not frozen and the tanks are all clean.

Heck I wouldn't "restore" them...like in paint & stuff. I'd clean'm up,replace a few parts and run them as survivors.Just my 2 cents They're awesome looking!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: