What make/model is this 2-stroke engine???

I,ve had this kickin around the garage for a long time and just decided to try to put it to use. Does anyone recognize what it is? The tag shows 8L and the carb says Walbro. The carb isn't white like the rest of the engine and the recoil could be Power Products, but might not be original either??? I,ve spent a few hours looking at pics and nothing matches.

Attachments

markus

Thanks Markus, I also saw a 501 that looks similar, is thre a way to tell the difference? Also, can I just put a "regular" muffler on it? The original is gone.
Not a clue, They weren't mini bike engines (few people have done some conversions I think though) so I have never bothered with them. I'm sure you can use a muffler. Far as the flange goes, you may have to make your own unless that crosses with another engine like some of the 2 strokes do so you could go from the rectangular to say some round flextubing to attach a muffler.

Thanks Markus, I also saw a 501 that looks similar, is thre a way to tell the difference? Also, can I just put a "regular" muffler on it? The original is gone.
There is no such thing as a "regular" muffler. I am currently building a Jacobsen 321 just for the hell of it. I found that the 500 gaskets will fit it, as will some of the internals. Other than that, everything is it's own animal. I could not find commonality in parts with West Bend, Power Products, Tecumseh AH, or a few of the saw engines.

I did lay up some West Bend 580 exhaust gaskets on the exhaust ports, and the mount holes do not line up. There are however several 321 snow blower exhausts on Ebay that show up from time to time. I plan to use one of those as a base for a more involved system, should I decide to run mine on a mini bike.

Here is one I am rebuilding. I was able to find parts, but they are getting scarce. Probably considered a cross-scavenged design, it's 6.1 cubic inches, or 100cc. I built a mount for it using the existing tank mount holes, and flipped it upside down. Note the snow blower exhaust manifold. It's 1" ID, and I will have no problem making it look cool.

This engine sports a Walbro SDC 68 that I know nothing about. I will test it with the stock carburetor, and then if it seems like I can use it as a mini bike motor, I will adapt something else, either KT100 racing carb, (also Walbro) or Tilly or clone Kiehin or Mik.

Jake1.JPG Jake2.JPG Jake3.JPG Jake4.JPG

Wow, at least it looks nice, makes me think maybe I should keep mine and try to do something with it?? How did you get all the paint off? Did you tear it down and media blast it?

Thanks, never heard of them before! Let me know how it performs if you get it mounted to something. I have the Walbro carb with a float bowl, so I probably need to mount the engine somewhat level?.
Yes, somewhat. Or you could make or modify a manifold.

Or you can mount that late model Walbro, or a Tillotson, or a Tillotson clone from ebay. Just make sure you get the pulse holes lined up- you may need to either drill one into the reed intake, or just line them up. That pulse hole controls the fuel pump on diaphragm carburetors.