What mini bike can I buy new right now?

Sooner79

I bought a new Doodlebug in 2009 and “made it mine” (see pictures attached). I loved it and had a ton of fun riding it and tuning it but after a couple of years I decided I wanted something that was street legal and bought a Harley Sportster which I built into a bobber. I ultimately was offered a price I couldn’t pass up for my Doodlebug and sold it because it was just collecting dust as it was too powerful, fast and wild for my kids and grandkids to handle. So now I’m selling by bobber and am ready to build another mini bike BUT I can’t find what (I think) I’d like and am after suggestions as to what my options are. I loved the simplicity of the DB and it looks like Coleman bought the patent, but what’s up with Coleman? I can’t find anyone that has any in stock for sale. I’d jump on a CT200U-A but I can’t even tell if they still make them: https://www.colemanpowersportsusa.com/product/ct200-ua Is the shortage of Chinese made mini’s a result of Covid-19 or our trade war with China? The only other mini that interests me that appears to be available and that I can make like I want is an Azusa. Something I really liked about the DB was the disc brake which was easy to make hydraulic and it appears that a disc brake is a thing of the past. Any and all suggestions and advice are welcomed and appreciated. Thanks!

I74

Our Theisen's here in the Midwest has this Coleman BT200X-OR ''196cc''offering , w/ TQ & lighting coil ect.
Checked one out the other day there, & it looked ''alot'' better than the regular 200 offering.
Was impressed with how stout the frame ect. is on them.
5008011orange.jpg

That's a hell of a deal IMO. I'm almost tempted to make a trip over to my local WalMart and see if they have those. I fucking hate that store though.
I hate that store also. I usually just buy my cat food there. If it wasn't pouring rain I probably would of grabbed it. Make sure you ask the manager because they are usually stuffed in the back of the store some place.

I74

Our Theisen's here in the Midwest has this Coleman BT200X-OR ''196cc''offering , w/ TQ & lighting coil ect.
Checked one out the other day there, & it looked ''alot'' better than the regular 200 offering.
View attachment 263104
I was wrong on it having a TC, looks like a TC cover though ....
It instead, has a pretty stout jack shaft assy.

Last edited:

I74

I hate that store also. I usually just buy my cat food there. If it wasn't pouring rain I probably would of grabbed it. Make sure you ask the manager because they are usually stuffed in the back of the store some place.
The store I personally despise around these parts is ''Target''.
That's where all the ''rude/self-centered '' - ''Hoitie toities'' shop.
They will try & run right into to you going down the isles ect. :rolleyes:

Sooner79

View attachment 263104
I could definitely go for one of these and I see that they’re in stock, but they’re 586 miles from me.

GoPowerSports is actually local to me but I can’t decide if I like the Trailmaster’s or not. They’re pretty big and heavy, and not expected to be in stock until mid July.
Its hard to be patient but if I was buying new, this would be the one I'd go after. With full suspension AND a TC, it should perform well. There's 2 jaspers that have a YouTube blog and they run a lot of these type of vehicles. I don't remember their names but someone on here will pipe in.