What model and year is this Sportstyl

I don't know to much about the Sportstyl mini's but there are a few pics in the photo gallery. That might be the correct engine on it though....and If so It has a set of numbers on the engine blower housing that would help maybe.

Last edited:
And so we discover yet another mini that may or may not have been built as the brochure states.[emoji47] [MENTION=27931]super1970[/MENTION], what is the date code on the engine? Just curious as my father and I have a fee sportstyls between us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markus

Its a "Kamp Kat", from what I see in the mini bike guides I have, the tecumseh engines start to show at least by march 1970, the 1969 adds in the MGB's are all pretty much the same till december with the word "introducing" and briggs engines so they problaby started very late 1968 into 1969 putting yours in the 1969 timeframe, not the later ones got internal expanding brakes too where yours was a disc brake model. note that the rear wheel and brake mech on yours is from an MTD.....and intended for left side mounting so thats gonna screw you up a bit if you intended to try and utilize it.

Last edited:
Thanks to all that replied to my post , I searched and searched and couldn't find anything on it that looked like mine. I will check the date code on the engine, I really didn't think it was original to the bike but after reading this it very well may be the engine that came on it. Also I saw the bracket on the left side near the rear wheel and was wondering if maybe there was a disc brake setup at one time, but someone has changed the rear wheel and halfway put a band brake on it. I will post a ad in the wanted section to see if anyone has a rear wheel that they would be willing to part with .

markus

Thanks to all that replied to my post , I searched and searched and couldn't find anything on it that looked like mine. I will check the date code on the engine, I really didn't think it was original to the bike but after reading this it very well may be the engine that came on it. Also I saw the bracket on the left side near the rear wheel and was wondering if maybe there was a disc brake setup at one time, but someone has changed the rear wheel and halfway put a band brake on it. I will post a ad in the wanted section to see if anyone has a rear wheel that they would be willing to part with .
I'll keep my eyes open for a wheel, but gotta say I have never seen any available..at least publicly. Good luck with it, Those are cool bikes that you dont see to much of :thumbsup:

OND any chance you could make a copy of that catalog??? I just bought an Alley Kat and would love to have a copy of that. Id pay for it of course. Thanks.