What the Flippin Heck?!?!?!?

125ccCrazy

Can you say FUGLY??? LOL

Cool transmission. The twisted drive belt is a nice touch.

The tranny must be set up for an engine that runs counter clockwise hence the twisted belt to make the tranny run the way it was supposed to with that engine which runs clockwise..

Oldsalt

Can you say FUGLY??? LOL

The tranny must be set up for an engine that runs counter clockwise hence the twisted belt to make the tranny run the way it was supposed to with that engine which runs clockwise..
That's what makes it obvious that little attention to engineering was used when this home-built was layed out. If the engine was turned around 180 degrees and the trans and rear wheel positioned accordingly there would not have a problem. [The rope start woud be on the lefty side]. I think the builder did not know that that style trans reversed the rotation of the output shaft. So rather than do it right the twisted belt was the answer.

I had a strange engine that was 175cc two stroke made by Fugi Corp of Japan it had a big lighting or power coil and It would run in both directions and was rope start. i was told that it was for use on a irrigation line and the motor would run one direction down the field and be run in the opposite rotation to return. I never could find any information about it so I scraped the motor.
I like the tank shift lever kind of like the Rokon I had.
Steve :scooter:

Oldsalt

I had a strange engine that was 175cc two stroke made by Fugi Corp of Japan it had a big lighting or power coil and It would run in both directions and was rope start. i was told that it was for use on a irrigation line and the motor would run one direction down the field and be run in the opposite rotation to return. I never could find any information about it so I scraped the motor.
I like the tank shift lever kind of like the Rokon I had.
Steven

The early Mercury outboard motors were also strange. I spent my early years [in the 50s] in a boat shop [that may sound fishy to some] and remember that to get reverse with the inline 4 cylinder Merc the engine was shut off, the mag was shifted in position and the starter motor teminals were reversed when the control lever was pushed into the "reverse" position. The engine was restarted and ran backwards to go backwards. Guess the water pump in the lower unit would be worthless during that period of time. I suppose any 2 stroke with piston controled ports would be easy to run in the opposite direction if there was no automatic oiling system involved.

What I thought was so different was the start pulley had recesses in both directions so that the notch allowed you to wind the rope ccw or cw. I didn't have the exhaust or intake and with lack of information I just scrapped the block.