What Tig Welder?

markus

The private car/military collector I do work for bought me a Miller 220 multimatic to use........Love it!!!! hasn't made me a better tig welder magically though still working on that :D but its wicked easy to use. I can mig/tac something together, and just pick up the tig torch and go without touching the machine, or vice versa. I am also used to a buzz box type mig that always running when its on, this one does not make a sound (even the fan) until you start and its fan is progressive, so its only really running hard on long welds, then it shuts itself back down on its own. We bought the spoolgun too, I needed to weld some stainless hinges to steel on one of the vehicles and tried it on that and was great, and I have been playing with it for aluminum too, made a block repair on Tecumseh recently with that. Its a really cool machine for what we are doing since it will cover a lot of bases for the shop. but I still have oodles to learn!!!!! Hes getting onto Humvee's, lots of Aluminum on those!

We just bought it earlier this year, and while I dont really know if its true or not the supply house we bought from (local) was saying they were having some issues with Lincoln repair service as of recently and some problems getting things fixed or parts availability. Of course the miller was sitting there in stock and some of the Lincoln's we were interested in would have had to be ordered, so I don't know the truth to that.

1661257610661.png

1971_MB1A

The private car/military collector I do work for bought me a Miller 220 multimatic to use........Love it!!!! hasn't made me a better tig welder magically though still working on that :D but its wicked easy to use. I can mig/tac something together, and just pick up the tig torch and go without touching the machine, or vice versa. I am also used to a buzz box type mig that always running when its on, this one does not make a sound (even the fan) until you start and its fan is progressive, so its only really running hard on long welds, then it shuts itself back down on its own. We bought the spoolgun too, I needed to weld some stainless hinges to steel on one of the vehicles and tried it on that and was great, and I have been playing with it for aluminum too, made a block repair on Tecumseh recently with that. Its a really cool machine for what we are doing since it will cover a lot of bases for the shop. but I still have oodles to learn!!!!! Hes getting onto Humvee's, lots of Aluminum on those!

We just bought it earlier this year, and while I dont really know if its true or not the supply house we bought from (local) was saying they were having some issues with Lincoln repair service as of recently and some problems getting things fixed or parts availability. Of course the miller was sitting there in stock and some of the Lincoln's we were interested in would have had to be ordered, so I don't know the truth to that.

View attachment 293533
I've had and still have Lincoln and Miller both and overall still prefer Miller over Lincoln.