What's a good price for these?

I'm cutting billet aluminum to length to run off some intake manifolds on midwestx's CNC lathe and CNC vert mill...

First run will be 2" (as pictured), 3" and 4" lengths in both 2.375" and 2.500" flange diameter...

Some will be milled (to shape) on the carb end to match round slide type carbs, others will be round flange on both ends...

I was going to mill carb mounting holes on the models that are shaped for round slide carbs, but all engine mounting flanges will be undrilled and left round for the buyer to drill to fit whatever engine they wish to mount it on, and shape the engine side flange if needed...

These manifolds will be sold through OldMiniBikes, and are intended to benefit OldMiniBikes and it's members...not to make a profit for midwestx and myself...

So, we're looking for suggestions from members...

What do we want, and what is a 'good' price?...

I realize it's a little difficult to set a firm price without seeing finished pieces, but we intend to make what will best benefit OldMiniBikes and it's members...

Billet is Kaiser 6061 T6 or better, and HAAS CNC equipment, so the quality will be at least as good as anything available anywhere else in the world...

What would you like to see made available, and what price would make you happy you hang out here talkin' minibikes, instead of doin' something else?

Last edited:
I think that most people would pay that, or 20 shipped. Then, will you make any money for your time with the price of aluminum? Will they work to put a Tech carb on a Briggs? or maybe the carb from my 125 suzuki to a briggs or my Tech? If so I think that would be good for lots of us.

What about Spigot mount carbs ? I have a pair of Mikuni carbs what measures out to be 30MM and have a cable choke they are off a twin carb Kawasaki 290CC free air snowmobile motor that I can't use because of a chunk of metal missing from the edge of the case. Your opinion if this carb was used on a Tecumseh H50, H60 or H70 engine would it be too big? And could you also make intake manifolds for these type of carbs?
I guess it would be easy enough to find rubber hose and clamps to close mount this type of carb.
Steve :scooter:

I would be interested!

I could trace the carb and create a template for the bolt holes to make sure everything fits.

I have a Tecumseh OHM 9-HP Engine which seems to use slightly wider bolt pattern for the non-adjustible carb.

An opinion on a which carb to use would also be appreciated.

I would pay a little extra for the holes engines holes to be predrilled.

Just as a point of reference for people that might not look at all the websites other people know. AGK sells billet intakes for Mikunis on GX200s and Shane's (AGK) price is $39-$44 (depending on whether you want the pulse fitting).

So I agree with X-90, $30 is probably a fair price. $20 is probably too low for the machine time and materials needed to make them, $25 is a steal :)

I was planning on leaving the majority of these manifolds with round flanges on both ends and undrilled...this should make the manifold more user friendly, allowing the owner more flexibility to drill mounting holes for whatever engine and carb they want to set up.

Something the owner can 'finish' to fit the engine/carb combo they're working on...

This will help cut the cost also...but the point is really to provide a 'good deal' for OldMiniBikes members, and also build up a slush fund Hent can use to get other products (stickers, shirts, hoodies, etc.) off the ground without somebody digging into their pockets.

Downside: That billet is about $3 per inch, and we have to pay shop costs to use the machines...

Upside: Our labor is free...

Still looking for what you're most interested in seeing made...if you're sure you want some specific size/configuration I can probably get it CNC engraved also...

I think that most people would pay that, or 20 shipped. Then, will you make any money for your time with the price of aluminum? Will they work to put a Tech carb on a Briggs? or maybe the carb from my 125 suzuki to a briggs or my Tech? If so I think that would be good for lots of us.
After we finish the manifolds and figure the cost of making them and shipping them to Hent, we'll have a cost 'floor'...any profit is intended to benefit OldMiniBikes...midwestx and I are doing this because we're minibikers, not to make money...we make our living elsewhere.

The round flange on the engine side should be able to be drilled for mounting to almost any engine...I'll be putting them on Hondas, Briggs, and Tecumseh engines.

A round flange on the carb side should allow similar flexibility...

What about Spigot mount carbs ? I have a pair of Mikuni carbs what measures out to be 30MM and have a cable choke they are off a twin carb Kawasaki 290CC free air snowmobile motor that I can't use because of a chunk of metal missing from the edge of the case. Your opinion if this carb was used on a Tecumseh H50, H60 or H70 engine would it be too big? And could you also make intake manifolds for these type of carbs?
I guess it would be easy enough to find rubber hose and clamps to close mount this type of carb.
Steve :scooter:
I buy my Mikuni carbs and jets/needles through a Honda motorcycle dealer...they have numerous models of 'spigot' mount Mikunis and rubber mounting 'boots'...

I haven't tried to put a 30mm on a Tec small block, so I don't know if that is 'tuneable' or not...22mm/24mm works great on stock engines that size.

I would be interested!

I could trace the carb and create a template for the bolt holes to make sure everything fits.

I have a Tecumseh OHM 9-HP Engine which seems to use slightly wider bolt pattern for the non-adjustible carb.

An opinion on a which carb to use would also be appreciated.

I would pay a little extra for the holes engines holes to be predrilled.
My Tec HM90 is getting one of these manifolds...I have a 24mm Mikuni waiting to be mounted.

I guess I will start looking for some smaller carbs. I would like to put one on each of the 2 Powell's One will have a Tecumseh H70 engine and the other will have a H50.
The used H70 came in today from an e-bay sale the engine looks good but is painted black and that must go to either White or Silver.
So count me in for at least 2 of your super quality manifolds. And thanks for thinking about all of us. Steve :scooter: