What's a reasonable asking price for my bike?

I've had her on craigslist a while, and I continue to lower the price, but still no REAL biters. I rebuilt the engine which a 3.5 Tecumseh and the frame is pretty solid. It has most everything but needs a little love (throttle cable, torque converter, chain, ect.)

How much could I ask?

We don't give prices on this site, but if you put your price on it and put it in the bikes for sale sections. We will tell you if you are way to high, or maybe even make a offer on it. :thumbsup:

MikeBear

1: Remove the engine.

2: Strap a horse harness to it.

3: Advertise it as a "AMISH MINIBIKE FOR SALE"

4: Profit! :laugh:

Ok, maybe you won't sell it that way, but your Craigslist add might go viral, and that can help!

capguncowboy

From what I've learned locally, there are two types of people looking for mini bikes. Those that want it completely finished and looking brand new (then they don't want to pay anything for it) and those that want a project (then they don't want to pay anything for it).

The classifieds section here will get some good responses.

pomfish

You asked, so here goes;

Well, let's start with what can be seen in your photo as well as your description.
The forks are bent, what we call here "High Speed Forks". It means the minibike hit something, like a curb at high speed, in your case it looks like medium speed.
Which leads us to the big gobs of cheesy welding on the front of the frame where the forks mount. This was probably needed after the crash. Not a good sign.

Now from your description, you say it needs a Torque converter and clutch and chain.
And a throttle cable. All these items cost money, especially the Torque Converter.
Also I notice it is sitting on a milk crate, this tells me there is no kickstand.

So, bottom line is some one cannot buy the bike and just ride it, they will have to order parts, install them or pay someone to install them and then sort out the bugs from there.

Now the good, it looks to have large wheels and the tires look decent. The frame is fairly large so an adult could probably be comfortable riding it.
The seat looks ok and it has some kind of a brake.

I have been buying and selling mini's for quite some time and one thing I have learned is it is hard to get more that $300 for a mini from the average Joe. $275 seems to be the sweet spot for a complete, ready to run bike in need of nothing.
If it is a project, expect to sell it for $100-125.

Not trying to rag on your bike, I am just telling you what I see.
HTH
Keith

From what I've learned locally, there are two types of people looking for mini bikes. Those that want it completely finished and looking brand new (then they don't want to pay anything for it) and those that want a project (then they don't want to pay anything for it).

The classifieds section here will get some good responses.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I have been buying and selling mini's for quite some time and one thing I have learned is it is hard to get more that $300 for a mini from the average Joe. $275 seems to be the sweet spot for a complete, ready to run bike in need of nothing.
If it is a project, expect to sell it for $100-125.

Not trying to rag on your bike, I am just telling you what I see.
HTH
Keith
Another good post Keith. Well stated.

WrenchDad

In the Pittsburgh and surrounding areas A bike in that condition needing the things you listed, would sell for about $100 -$150. An Owner would probably hold out for more but without doing some things to it they would probably settle in that range.