Whats the silver sealent on some tecumseh head gaskets?

C

cyborg

I had a tecumseh engine with silver crap all over the head gasket and Im pretty sure it came like that from the factory but I cant find anything on google. I removed the head on a hsk50 and cleaned it all up and installed but I didnt torque it down hard enough.

C

cyborg

I had to post twice since it denied my first post because it said "Post denied. New posts are limited by number of URLs it may contain and checked if it doesn't contain forbidden words".

markus

Some of the head gaskets are are made with a graphite material on them. They are made to crush and seal, Technically any gasket should not be reused, but those in particular usually flat out come apart upon removal. on the Tec gaskets they are very soft and silverish gray color.

C

cyborg

Thanks for the help guys. I just bought two hs50 gaskets from ebay for $4.50 each free shipping a few minutes ago. Ive re used head gaskets and carb gaskets plenty of times if they have no damage and had good results. The original gasket for this hsk50 was flimsy and the gasket I used this time wasthicker and from a vintage hs50 I had laying around.

N-gin

Usually you can spray it with copper gasket seal and reuse.
Done it plenty of times. Reused head gaskets three times before tossing them. Copper spray works good.