Where can I buy these???

A buddy gave me 2 of these and they are metal moving machines. I used up the first one and refuse to use this one until I can find a source for them. I have Googled but no joy.

Anybody used these? Have a source for them? They sure do work good.

Thanks,

Doug

Did you ask him where he got it from?

Shooooooosh..... He works for the RailRoad.....

They are a metal monster. And they are thin too. But they cut like the steel is pot metal... He works on a track crew. His boss doesn't know where they come from but is trying to find out. They have made in Japan on the metal ring.

Here are some more pics of it.

Everybody that works on anything metal needs these.......

Shooooooosh..... He works for the RailRoad.....

They are a metal monster. And they are thin too. But they cut like the steel is pot metal... He works on a track crew. His boss doesn't know where they come from but is trying to find out. They have made in Japan on the metal ring.

Here are some more pics of it.

Everybody that works on anything metal needs these.......
That thickness would be useful cutting and shaping frame and other stuff..those cutoff standard ones make me cut alot of skinny lines as opposed to removing material and shaping ..nice

This cut wheel must do some REAL work, because Rail is Hardened Steel
Actually rail is not that hard. My Ellis band saw walks though it with ease. Ask Andy [MENTION=47279]capguncowboy[/MENTION] when he got his piece cut, how long it took. It is not soft by no means but it cant be hardened very much I wouldn't think. All the pieces that I have messed with have cut and ground fairly easily. And besides hardening reaches a point of becoming brittle. Not what you would want with all that weight it carries.

Doug

capguncowboy

Doug's auto cutting saw had it cut in two in about 30 seconds

I'm not sure if full-size railway rail is hardened or not, but I wouldn't think so. At any rate, I would think a recip or a hacksaw (if your arms could handle it) should be able to cut it apart pretty easily with some effort.

markus

Try CES city electric supply they are all over the southeast. they have erico catalog on PDF posted online, so they may be able to special order it due to it being specific for rail work, unless maybe your in an area that has alot of railwork going on.

Try CES city electric supply they are all over the southeast. they have erico catalog on PDF posted online, so they may be able to special order it due to it being specific for rail work, unless maybe your in an area that has alot of railwork going on.
Thank you Markus! There are 2 CES's near me. I will run buy and ask the next time I am over that way. I figured someone would have an idea. I have searched and had no local results.

Doug

red baron

I'm not sure if it's exactly the same but we use a similar discs at work. There a at least a couple of versions One is called the slicer that is for cutting and another is a combination slicer/ grinder combo. The Slicer cuts sheet stainless like butter. We get ours at Fastenal and I believe they carry a cheaper Blackstone house brand that's a bit cheaper. It looks like you have the combo version, Check them out they work great.