Where is Korndog?

I'm still kickin'. How is everybody? Haven't logged in for a while! I cleared my box out so I can get pms now. I would loe to see some of the LA guys soon, so look me up!

KD

I'm still kickin'. How is everybody? Haven't logged in for a while! I cleared my box out so I can get pms now. I would loe to see some of the LA guys soon, so look me up!

KD
I'll say its been a while!

You missed my trials and tribulations trying to getthe right HL for my clone Korny.

Now that your here.

Check your PM box.

Getting late now but I need something modified or built will PM the info in the morning....
But to job your memory a bit I have an HL 227A thats about as close to what I need as I been able to fake my way through.
Now I need some help to get the rest of the way...

OR perhaps a modification of an HL304E if thats easier.

Your PM box is still full lol.....

Last edited:
Anyone a friend of his close by?

I need his carb services....
All I have is a physical address for shipping. Try a PM, he may be lurking.:shrug:

KD
Wow since that worked so well.........G-Bones where are you?!! Good to see ya post again Korndog!!!!

Thanks Korny:

I reskinned the carb last night and swapped the only pop off springs I had between the HL 388 and the 227A.

Off to the hardware store to get siome fittings and I am going to do a pop off reading on it.
Hoping to get down to around 9.
Thats the lower limit of what Birt said I could tollerate

Going to bolt the carb on.....
Actualy before I do I am going to swap out the fyuel pumps too and see if I can get more fuel in there.

Also the 227a is not T slotted but the 388 is if that makes any difference.

HL 348 Methanol specifications.
Since Birt told me the 227a is very close to a methanol carb as built and these are the technical sp3cs for a 7/8 methanol carb I could find.....

High Speed Needle Seat .O62
Low Speed Needle Seat .076
Idle Jet .040
Transition jets .052 ( I assume this mean the secondary idle port of which I have two? And MAN thats a lot of fuel potential and possibly part of my troubles)

Air Premix .042
High Speed nozzel .125

which carb are you going to run? t-slots get you more fuel to the wells; i do them on the mill.

Thanks Korny:

I reskinned the carb last night and swapped the only pop off springs I had between the HL 388 and the 227A.

Off to the hardware store to get siome fittings and I am going to do a pop off reading on it.
Hoping to get down to around 9.
Thats the lower limit of what Birt said I could tollerate

Going to bolt the carb on.....
Actualy before I do I am going to swap out the fyuel pumps too and see if I can get more fuel in there.

Also the 227a is not T slotted but the 388 is if that makes any difference.

I dunno if this is the right place or not.
Maybe we shoudl be in clone section?

Hent will tune me up at any rate.

I have no idea what carb to run at this point.
7/8 is big.
The 338 is a carb designed for some HP restriction for f200.
388 runs very poorly.
the 227a runs realy well except for the unresposive needle at high speed.

The 388 has the T slot the 277a does not.
Will a T slot add more fuel to the top?
In that case I need less of a T and more of an L ( backwards L depending on how you look at it. )
388 T slot as manufactured
Message - Old Mini Bikes Photo Gallery
Do you think I am expecting too much from 7/8 carb and should run the smaller one?

*****Note for the casual reader******
Korny and I are having two discussion.
One in private where I tell him more and one here where I tell him more or less the same thing in general terms.

Maybe wrong carb completely!

Maybe I need something drilled on top like the 348 with pattern or port size lifted from something like an Elan.
I can get Elan carb and measure or send that to you too.

All options on the table.......

And I would like to post everything so the next dumb sod like me has a yard stick to measure how to make this work too lol ( pending Korny aproval, since I began asking all these interesting questsions about drill pattersn and ports people who do know about it don't talk to me anymore.... )
My personal feelling is my troubles are so confined and specific I should not be a threat to anyone
Just trying to make a carb that works better, as a jack of all trades carb so to speak for the clone.
I am not interested in what is proprietery info.
Just info that aplies to me.....