Where to start

Alright, so I have just picked up a fox thunderbolt 198mc. It has no motor and is just the frame. With that being said I’m looking for build ideas and suggestions ( this is my first mini bike). A few things I have in mind off the bat would be repainting the frame, cleaning the tank, redoing brakes, and possibly adding a light of some sorts. Any ideas or suggestions? TYIA

Attachments

Steve73

get it ridable with engine 1st. 2nd then figure out paint and work out all the kinks if anything pops up before painting. clean fuel tank out if need be.. 3rd enjoy what you have done to it.. dont get rid of it..

fistfullabar

Cool bike. My favorite rides nice I like them alot. Let me know if you need any advice. Any thing over 4hp and you need too 20230118_075329.jpg 20230118_075329.jpg 20221014_131210.jpg 20210522_165454.jpg at least fully weld the engine plate. It is only welded in 3 spots on each side. Mine broke twice so I added plate underneath and tubing on the front and back off the plate between the frame tubes.

DaddyJohn

Cool bike. My favorite rides nice I like them alot. Let me know if you need any advice. Any thing over 4hp and you need tooat least fully weld the engine plate. It is only welded in 3 spots on each side. Mine broke twice so I added plate underneath and tubing on the front and back off the plate between the frame tubes.
Tell us more about the engine in that bike!

fistfullabar

Used tecumsh motorsports with chikuni. Runs well 1st pull. Was riding today. Weather into the 50s and sunny. Needs better front shocks...