Which carb?

I'm sticking a Raptor on my Old Style DB30 build. I am going to switch from alky to gas. I'm looking at a Tec carb that would go on a bigger Tecumseh, and I'm also looking at the cheap 24mm slide carbs that come on the 50cc pit bikes. Which one do you recommend? I'm not looking for crazy performance, but I am looking for a good solid carb. I'm leaning toward a Tec carb, but only because I've pulled them apart and rebuilt them before. I've had experience with slide style carbs on my Harley, but I wasn't sure if that would be too much/not enough carb for the Raptor, or if there were any pros/cons of running the cheap 24mm. Throw some advice my way, boys.

PS
My Tec carb will have the adjustable jet in the bowl.

Can, rod, and some mild porting. I don't know much else about it. I got it with an old kart chassis. It's pretty old. Hasn't been raced in years, but it was torn down and "freshened up" before sticking it in a tote.

Thanks for the reply, 125. However, I went ahead and ordered the Tecumseh because I was impatient. I've got to get this thing on the road so that I can finish up my build-off bikes. I'll post up some pics of it when I'm done. Thanks again!